Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kerrie
Newbie August 2017 Manitoba

Nothing will change

Kerrie, on March 14, 2017 at 22:06 Posted in Living together 0 9
My fiancé and I have been together for over 10 years. He was married once before and it went really bad after the wedding. He waited to ask me to marry him because he thinks it will go down the same path. I have promised him that nothing will change between us and I am nothing like his last partner! He still makes my heart flutter when I see him and he is my rock when life turns upside down!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on November 30, 2017 at 20:05
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So cute!! Happy you guys have a happy relationship! Very glad you found the guy you love!
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kerrie,

It certainly sounds like your relationship has already stood the test of time! It sounds like there is a great deal of love and devotion between you and your FH, that will help your marriage tremendously!

You are getting started off on the right foot and as long as you keep loving and encouraging each other no matter what, you'll do great! I wish you all the best!!

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is sweet. I don't think things change when you get married but then again, I will be married in a month and a half so that might change haha.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some people are just insecure no matter how much you try to reassure them. They have been deeply hurt and that might never go away. Time will lessen the sting of a bad relationship and your fiancé needed that much time to heal completely. We can't rush these things. Have a wonderful wedding and an even better marriage.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kerrie! I'm happy to hear you've found such a wonderful person for you! Smiley heart It's important to feel that you support each other no matter what. Marriage will definitely support what you already feel for each other Smiley ring

• Kerrie
    Newbie August 2017 Manitoba
    Kerrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my first wedding. He knows there is no one else for me but he needs assurance once in a while just like he does for me. I'm not a goddess or a size 2 but he makes me feel beautiful regardless of how I look (even first thing in the morning!)
  • Talita
    Frequent user January 2018 Ontario
    Talita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's really sweet and something that I went through with my fiancé as well. He never been married before but he never seen any successful marriage to have as a role model, so he really didn't believe in the whole marriage and kids thing. It was only after meeting me and my family that he saw what a real family should look like and he loves beeing part of that now. That's why I think he decided to take the next step. And we are so happy. I know he will always be there for me just like I'll be there for him! ❤
  • Nadia
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is this also your second marriage or your first? I'm not a divorcee myself but I had a lot of issues with commitment because my parents do not have a stable relationship. I needed a lot of reassurance at first which really helped me see he isn't going anywhere.
    Men do not always pick up on subtle things you do for them, so sometimes you just need to remind them too!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aawww that's so sweet of you! I hope he sees that Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics