Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Simone
Master August 2017 Manitoba

Not happy with the moh

Simone, on July 21, 2017 at 12:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 21
As for previous post. I came to discover today that my MOH failed to inform of a an issue, in terms of the contact information of the guest list I went to my hairstylist to get my hair trial done today. I had asked her if she was coming to the shower tomorrow and said she did not receive anything by email or by phone I checked and relapse which I took ownership for that the email address was typed incorrectly, even after confirming and the phone number was transposed, she would not have been able toget a hold of her. I got an alert with sending the email to her original one that was noted and I got the postmaster undeliverable message. I am really upset as she did not let me know so that I could have sent this information back to and have the invitation resent. Her excuse, not sure why she did get it based on the email address I sent her via the email message she sent. I have not responded back to as I'm really upset and I plan to confront her as this is not acceptable . I don't want this to happen for the bachelorette party as well.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 25, 2017 at 13:00
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness. I hope everything went well. It's so frustrating when things like this happen. Theses moments and days are supposed to bring you joy not stress!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome!

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Meant all of you such as yourself have been completely supportive and understanding as well and I thank you all. Smiley smile
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Erin, I really need this as I am here at the shower and gathering strength from God, my fiance, and those who are positive and the good folks on her, such as yourself. All of you and including yourself.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just remember that this day is about you so don't take any crap from anybody. I hope that everyone keeps their thoughts to themselves. keep in mind though that your wedding is your vision and as long as you are happy with what you have brought to life then other people's opinions don't matter.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Erin. Today's the Bridal shower and to be honest, what should be a happy day and event, is not something I am looking forward to going. My mom also made me upset with her comments about the wedding, that I felt like not going to the bridal shower. My walls are up and to those that have caused my grief, I keeping them two arms length distance from me.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no!! Well hopefully you can figure it all out and fix it before the next event.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Erin. She did ask my friend to help her out and I spoke to my friend and she said that she contact everyone based in the list but did not confirm whether or not they were coming and any issues. Now, I don't know how many people will be coming. Smiley sad Smiley ups
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sara and you're right. I hope tomorrow will be a better day going forward.
  • S
    Newbie July 2017 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Simone,

That would be great if you can talk to her with another bridesmaid. Just be open and honest about your issues. Maybe she will realize its too much. The sooner you have the talk the better and don't be like me stressing the week before on what stunt she will pull and if she will actually be there for you.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear this Simone! I think maybe you should just talk to her and let her know how you feel. You could also maybe ask a bridesmaid to help her out thus ensuring she has backup and things will get done.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sara, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this as well. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do as I would not be happy. I agree with you as I have regrets asking her. I really hope you have a great wedding. I'm thinking of having someone with me when I talk to her as I don't trust her.
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Katherine. My MOH is busy as she is also part of another wedding. When we first got engaged, she told me that she is the MC of her brother's wedding, at that time, she did not tell us the date. We found out the date of their wedding on Christmas eve of 2016, which their date is August 18, 2017, and our is August 19, 2017. She has not been forthright with letting me know if any all any other roles that the rest of the family is in, as my niece, nephew and my brother are all part of the party. They have not confirmed their attendance for the wedding rehearsal as we tried to make accommodation to have this done on the date they desire, whereas, everyone only meet on different say at the same time that matches the hotel. I understand we see all busy, but this by far has made me mad. Plus, she has asked my friend help her.
  • S
    Newbie July 2017 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like I too should have chosen my MOH more carefully. My MOH told me it was all taken care of but she basically just got my sister in law to make all the reservations for things on my bachelorette and even worse my sister in law paid. I only found out from my fiancee as he found out from one of the sis in laws. My sister in law is wonderful and did not complain. I have tried to talk to MOH but she gets so argumentative. My wedding is next weekend.

I wish I had chosen more carefully and I am nervous about my wedding. If you have time maybe your MOH is easier to talk to and see whats up. If she is too busy maybe one of the other girls is willing to take on the role.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree a heads up "was not able to contact Ms X" would be in order... Has she got alot going on right now?
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Laura, In this case, we talked about the shower and was not aware of the date. I'm not faulting her, but my MOH asked me to provide this information and did not follow up or even ask me to look into this so that she could have had a chance to get my hairstylist to confirm her RSVP before July 15. We can only hope for a productive conversation and that she at least owns up on her part, as I am owing up to mine.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh gosh! Surely she knew there was a shower and that she should have gotten an invite. Good Luck with the conversation with her! I hope it goes well and is productive! Smiley heart

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Laura for your kind words and advice. I'm just glad that I'm taking the time to cool down first and then create a plan of action, as she can be argumentative.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! Well good luck girlie...try to be as rational and calm as possible Smiley smile

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Laura, she has in the past drop the ball and it has not been a good experience with her as she has, at times made this more difficult than it needs to be. I will be double checking the bachelorette party contact list to ensure its correct. Right now, I am at my wits ends with her.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a tough one, because sometimes, and it has happened to me, where it takes a while for that "undeliverable" to reach my inbox. Has she dropped the ball on anything else, is this something that has happened before? I would go easy on her, it could have been a simple misstep. If it was one person, then a good thing you spoke with the individual to let them know. With the bachelorette, maybe just check and double check that all the info is accurate, so this way there is no room for error with anything that gets sent.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics