Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie October 2018 British Columbia

Non-refundable deposit for wedding photography

Danielle, on July 13, 2018 at 03:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

I paid non-refundable deposit for wedding photography and wanted to change the photo package as we felt we don't need most of services included in the package and also wanted to use other vendors for other few services. They said they won't let us use that deposit toward other services and made us sign new package saying that they will give us 20% credit back if we sign the new contract for new package that day. Can they take non-refundable deposit if we make changes? we will be still paying more than the deposit we made.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Joshua, on August 1, 2018 at 09:42
  • J
    Newbie July 2021 New Jersey
    Joshua ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you signed a contract with them and the terms stated that you give them a non-refundable deposit, not much be done here I'm afraid (however, I'm not an expert in legal things, so don't take it as a legal advice).

But you didn't sign a cotract with them that included such terms, you may sue them for a refund because you didn't know about these terms.

It makes sense to purchase a wedding insurance like Markel Event Insurance, Wedsure or WedSafe to avoid getting in such troubles.

If anyone interested, you may read about types of wedding scams you should beware of.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would double check your contract see what leeway you have there. That's terrible that they are not being reasonable.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s awful, but I’d say read your contract. It’s a shame that they’re being difficult about you changing wedding packages.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There may be a possible chance to transfer the deposit and get that 20% back.

If they charge you more, risk what you have signed for. Its best to ask the photographer to reassure. Also read the contract to double check.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics