Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie June 2018 Ontario

No one planned my bachelorette

Kelsey, on May 29, 2018 at 14:12 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
No one planned my bachelorette party even though I asked more than a 2 months ago, My wedding is on saturday and Im just so upset with my wedding party I want to call them out but don't want to start a fight

18 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on March 23, 2021 at 14:38
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so upsetting. I’m so sorry they did that to you
  • Geraldine
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Geraldine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kelsey,

This is so crazy. I know this post is 3 years ago... but I literally went through the same thing as you except mine had drama lol because I spoke up and I also have a twin sister who kind of ruined my wedding experience. Can i message you directly? I know you’re probably over it but it would be nice to connect with someone who went through something similar with their wedding experience.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that's awful 😥 I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience!
  • K
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mom ended up telling them that they had upset me (my MOH was my twin sister) they still never through me one or apploigized or threw me one, they said it was my fault for only bringing it up a few times and if I wanted one I should have bagged them for it.... I only wish I could have took this as the first warning sign, they ended up being the worst bridesmaids possibly of all time, wouldn’t help me in the washroom got drunk while I was getting ready without telling me, during pictures they were MIA for 30 minutes because they had someone take them to McDonald’s, they brought it back to the pictures and ate directly in front of the whole wedding party, then sat at the head table and didn’t eat as they were full, the list goes on and on and on. I have not even talked to them since my wedding
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just wondering if you ever said something to your wedding party? That's so crappy that you never got a bachelorette party 😪
  • Veronique
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Veronique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that happened! I was worried this would happen so I took the reigns and planned it myself, but your bridal party should have done it if you hadn't said you were going to. I hope you've spoken to them about it Smiley sad

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally shitty! I’m so sorry!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm very sorry to hear you're going through this. I agree with most of the previous posters who have said you should just wait until after your wedding to bring it up to them. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be doing at this particular moment, so you might as well just focus on your upcoming wedding this weekend and how magical it will be Smiley smile

• Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm dealing with a similar situation. My MOH asked me for ideas about what I would be interested in doing for my bachelorette party, so I created a list of inexpensive, one-day (or one afternoon) things we could do for her and the bridesmaids to choose from or get ideas. Just a few weeks ago she announced that they aren't going to have time to organise a bachelorette party before the wedding, so they will do one afterwards. At least I got a heads-up that it's probably not going to happen!

I think planning it for after the wedding sort of defeats the whole purpose of having a bachelorette party, and since my wedding is in September by the time my FH and I get back from our mini honeymoon a lot of places will be closed down for the winter. So right now I'm trying to decide if I should plan my bachelorette party myself, or just come to terms with the fact that I won't be having one.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this method! I think its too late to say anything right now too your bridal party, but you should definitely speak up after. Maybe they might have a surprise planned for you, you never know.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That really sucks! Like I’m angry at them for you! My MOH and I are already talking about mine, and I don’t get married for just under a year and a half. I totally get your anger and your sadness. I would recommend before the wedding writing down everything on paper that you want to say, get really angry on this paper and let it out. Then tear it up. And after the wedding, have a calm conversation about how it sucked that they didn’t do anything about it, especially when you asked.
  • K
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im so sorry this is happening to you as well, my mom planned my shower as my bridesmaids were not making any plans on this aswell. I competely know how you feel
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is literally the exact same thing I'm going through except I asked for a bridal shower and get married the following week. I'm waiting until after the wedding to bring anything up because I don't want to rock the boat yet.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry you're going through this, that is a let down.

I think I would just mention it to my girls before the wedding - but I'm really bad at holding things in. Perhaps they can do a post wedding night?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that happened... I don't blame you for being upset :'(

Are you sure they aren't planning on stealing you away during this week? Maybe they are leaving it till so close to make it seem like they forgot but it'll be a surprise!

If not I would suggest bringing it up after the wedding... I am surprised they haven't come to the conclusion that you haven't had a party yet...

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree that you definitely should say something but wait til after the wedding! Hopefully they will smarten up next time, if they’re ever in a wedding party again!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to hear that; I can only imagine how disappointed you feel, but it may be best to "call them out" after the wedding as oppose to before as you don't want drama taking away from the day of your wedding (or your bridal party to be sour toward you, in addition to you feeling sour toward them).

At least if you call them out afterward, it will be a lesson learned for them and hopefully they do better should they be included in another bridal party in the future.

At the same time, there's still time to surprise you and I hope that they do!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you can overcome your sadness and bask in the happiness that is marrying your love! I think you should definitely say something to your bridal party but maybe try and be as diplomatic as possible or wait until after the wedding. You could also still do something Friday night before the wedding if you reach out to them now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics