Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

No flower girl?

Jodi, on July 18, 2017 at 16:34 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17

So our wedding is out of town and we arnt having any kids as guests (other then my younger brothers) one which may play the role of a ring bearer. is it weird to not have a flower girl? has anyone done this? I have a few little girls I could ask but because its out of town and we arnt having other kids at the wedding and only buses to take guests to and from the venue I thought having a flower girl would be hard to have with transport etc..

17 Comments

Latest activity by Chantal, on July 24, 2017 at 15:44
  • Chantal
    Beginner September 2017 Quebec
    Chantal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no wedding party - saves on costs and easier to manage lol. Do what feels best.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just have a best man and MOH, that's it. I'm keeping it super small Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if it is weird or not but we aren't having a ring bearer nor a flower girl. There is the bride, groom, best man, maid of honour, groomsman and bridesmaid and that is the entire wedding party for us. Do what is right for you rather than what you think you ought to do. If there are special littles to either your FH or you that you want to include then do it but if you are doing it for the photo ops or because you think you need then then I personally wouldn't bother. Smiley heart your wedding your decisions! Smiley smile

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that sounds perfect! I am really struggling with my bridesmaids as well but because we are keeping our wedding small (under 60) I think ill keep it at a simple two- one MOH one bridesmaid. I have a few other girlfriends Id like to ask but I think will just include in prepping for the wedding not necessarly making them bridesmaids...

• Katie
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes I struggle over making decisions when it comes to how things might look but I say do what you're both comfortable with.
    If you don't need or want someone to be a flower girl, but it would mean a lot to have your younger brother involved-i say go with it!! Like others have already said, many weddingsaren't as traditional as they used to be. Not only are we not having a flower girl or ring bearer, we're also not having any bridesmaids or groomsmen. Just a maid of honour and best man. Smiley smile
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having a flower girl either! We thought of asking his cousin but he didn't ask so I said forget it LOL. I don't think it's weird at all. One less thing to stress about!

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are only having 60 Smiley smile want to keep it small and intimate Smiley heart

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Jodi,Like Rekramer, we are not having both a flower girl and ring bearer. It's totally up to you as its not mandatory to have them.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jodi,

As you say the groomsman or bridesmaids can totally carry the rings as well and if you don't have any kids at the ceremony well it's maybe not necessary (although it's pretty cute).

How many people will attend the ceremony ?

Smiley smile

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm only having a flower girl because my fiancé has a daughter. We don't have a ring bearer.. best man will hold rings. Not a big deal to not have either Smiley smile
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not going to have a flower girl or a ring bearer. its totally ok to do whatever is meaningful and works for you.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no nephews in the family or any young boys and so I am not having a ring bearer. So same thing as you, only I am missing a ring bearer instead of the flower girl. Sure it would be a cute addition but I also am not having kids at the wedding except my 2 nieces who are the flower girls. And if you are having a kids free wedding, then it makes sense to not have them !

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's totally fair! the groomsman/bridesmaids can carry the rings just as well. Smiley smile

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Although I have 2 young nieces and 2 young nephews attending our wedding (ages 10-14) we aren't having a flower girl or ring bearer. You do you, it's your day I say! I honestly think the last time I was at a wedding with a flower girl was my cousin's wedding in like 1999 lol i think a lot of people are stepping away from tradition.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what we thought as well.

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your totally right- there really isn't a point that I am aware of to have one.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't having a flower girl and I don't really see the need unless you are having quite a traditional ceremony. It's your day so do it your way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics