Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Night Before The Wedding

Liberty, on May 12, 2022 at 14:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23
Are you and your Fiancé staying together the night before the wedding or are you spending the night apart?
I never even thought about spending the night together but when I talked to my Fiancé about him sleeping at his moms the night before, he really didn't like the idea of being away from me the night before our wedding.
We are doing a first look so we will see each other before the ceremony, so now that I think about it more, I don't think it matters as much if we spend the night together or now.But I am curious as to what everyone else's plans/thoughts are!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on June 15, 2022 at 18:25
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that!! I think walking down the aisle together is such a nice way to symbolize the start of the next chapter of your lives together as one!!
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live together, and work from home, and wanted to create a bit of a different feeling on the day of our wedding, so we're spending the night apart. He'll go to the hotel and I'm having my bridesmaids and Mom stay over with me at my house. Our hair & makeup team will arrive at my house first thing in the morning to get started on us. Our first time seeing each other will be at the first look an hour before our ceremony, and then we're walking down the aisle (well, staircase) together! Smiley smile

• Alexis
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve been living together for nine years already so we are spending the night together 💖
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our plan is to have separate hotel rooms ill probably stay in the suite & he another room or something? I'm not entirely sure yet but he might want to hang out at his moms and get ready there

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Spending the night together

• Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that’s sweet! It won’t be our own bed but it would be strange sleeping apart! Plus we’re going to exchange morning of notes Smiley smile
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally true! My Fiancé said he loves our bed so much he doesn't want to lose another night sleeping in our bed (he works out of town so isn't home too much) we also decided staying together will be nice so we can exchange day of gifts together before we part ways to get ready.
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Spending the night together Smiley smile figure we’ll sleep better that way!
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're staying apart the night before and the morning before the wedding! we're not doing a first look, we'd rather see eachother at the alter for the very first time Smiley smile

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet; since our wedding is in a different town that where we live more than likely we will probably stay home together

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be spending the night apart. One big thing for us, is we dont live in the same city as our venue, and I dont want to extra stress of having to go somewhere the morning of, with my dress and all my gear prior to the wedding, so I found an airbnb close to my venue that I can get ready at, and then my MOH will be using the airbnb for the night after the wedding so they don't need to drive home (which they also don't live in the city of the venue)

NO idea what my FH is doing but he could very easily stay at one of his GM house (who lives in the city) or rent a hotel.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think spending the night apart is the one “traditional” thing we did - We have been living and working from home together 24/7 since the start of the pandemic, so it felt so odd being apart but it was also sweet to have that time to miss each other before the wedding. I stayed at the same hotel as my friends and family so it made sense for me to be there - My husband then used that same room to get ready with the guys after I left the next day and we went back there after the wedding for the night so we didn’t have to go back to reality so quickly!
  • R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are spending the night together.
  • Jessica
    Newbie July 2023 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a hotel the night before and night of and plan on staying together for both nights
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are spending the night apart, but only because I wanted to get ready close to our venue (in a hotel) and he prefers to get ready at home.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé doesn't like the idea and I think perfers to spend the night together. We aren't doing a first look though, we are doing a first touch and exchanging a letter to each other.
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are definitely spending the night apart, he doesn't care (2nd marriage for him, 1st for me), and he's going along with me so far lol. Also no first look.
  • Katherina
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Katherina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have decided to stay apart the night before, especially as we are not doing a first look. For me, it's more tradition that my family follows and I want to keep that going. But we are having a reception dinner the night before as well, so we have plenty of time to see one another. Then I'll be spending the rest of my evening with my parents, MOH and bridesmaids at the hotel. We plan on having a girl's night and getting manicures and pedicures.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh absolutely! I totally agree with you on that!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its nice to both be able to get what you want!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it's a great compromise! My fiance asked me not to have to a first look and I asked to spend the night before apart so it's really a win win for the both of us!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats really nice to have the night with your MOH and parents! I think I might give him what he wants for the night before since he gave me what I want for a first look!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're spending the night apart! That's one thing I did ask my fiance to do haha

I'll be staying with my MOH and my mom and dad at my parents place and my fiance will be staying with his mom and step dad and brother

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics