Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassie
Frequent user September 2020 Ontario

New Ontario Projections

Cassie, on April 20, 2020 at 12:59 Posted in Ontario 0 17
Hello! I’m getting married September 6, 2020 in Ontario. How is everyone feeling about the new projections? Seems bright somewhat! I’m keeping positive about September. Smiley smile

17 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on April 23, 2020 at 10:34
  • Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey!

I'm having my wedding on Sept 5th! Just read an article that some restrictions will be lifted mid-May Smiley smile That is good news for us!
    https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ontario-economy-to-reopen-in-a-trickle-premier-says-after-suggesting-some-relaxation-by-victoria-day-1.4906840
  • Hillary
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Hillary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are booked for thanksgiving weekend. I’m staying hopeful. I sent out my invites already because I read somewhere that mail was behind. Fingers crossed that may starts to ease up.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay good to know. Thanks! Smiley smile
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! Yes we reached out to all guests and they said that it sounds good and they wouldn’t miss it. So it doesn’t seem like I’m getting any no’s! I have a few elderly so I may tell them to wear masks and all that - my grandpa is walking me up the aisle - but everyone seems good to go.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Cassie. I have a spot available at my venue this September. I wouldn't have a lot of people. Only 60. My parents are hesitant that people would not want to go. Did your guests confirm and say they are ok with attending? Are they comfortable?
  • Daniele
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Daniele ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are August 22 and are staying somewhat hopeful! Some days I’m worried, other days I’m confident. It’s hard for sure! We have a back up date tentatively on hold with all our vendors. Hoping we can all have our wonderful weddings!!
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing the exact same thing. We have a back up date booked with all our vendors and venue and my venue said hold off until mid June to make a decision. All my vendors are staying positive as are we!

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes stay positive!! That's what I'm doing, wedding is scheduled for the first weekend in October, but I have a friend getting married the last week of July (their's is a small wedding on their own property) and so far she is staying hopeful, planning to see what they announce beginning of May and going to go from there. Thinking of all you brides! and hoping for the best for all. Smiley smile

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I believe by June we will for sure see progress! 😁🤞🏻
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're optimistic - I've heard through the grapevine we may see (in Ontario) some easing of restrictions in early May. We are in a state of emergency until May 12 so we will see.

We'll need to see the phases of "reopening" they put in place. I hope by June we are seeing some real progress.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you mind sharing an article?
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no Smiley sad I’m so sorry to hear you had to
    Postpone but glad you were able to find a new date! Just stay positive Smiley smile were looking good for now.
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For sure. I already postponed from May so I hope I won’t need to again or have to weigh all options because I have grandparents that I need to be there. Who knows what we’ll do based on gathering limits. Praying for all 🤞🏻
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    🤞 praying for everyone! It’s been crazy stressful. What sucks the most is that no one really knows what will happen but we can try and stay as positive as possible
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They said we hit the peak a month earlier than expected and yes, things are ever changing! I believe we will be okay Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re staying positive for August. So much can change in about a month. If things don’t change by June we’ll have to postpone but for now we’re staying somewhat positive lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics