Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

New Bridezilla story!

Peggy, on February 15, 2019 at 10:14 Posted in WeddingWire 0 28

Haha, saw this this morning and it had me shaking my head.
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/lifestylefood/vegan-bride-uninvites-all-meat-eating-guests-from-her-wedding-creates-a-whole-new-level-of-bridezilla/ar-BBTC8zI?ocid=ientp

What do you think?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 25, 2019 at 10:36
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is funny. Leaving out meat is one thing.. but uninviting people you already invited because you changed your mind???? oh boy...

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a vegan meal at your reception.

The 'bridezilla' part of this situation is that she is uninviting people she had previously invited, including members of her wedding party!

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't read the article and I'm not uninviting folks, but I'm having a %100 vegan wedding. It's actually cheaper catering-wise because meat is expensive. I know this woman is being a pretty intense, but it's only one meal so my relatives who are close-minded about eating vegetables don't have to come lmao. Anyways, yeah. It's nice to feel like my happy day isn't a day that living animals are being killed for. Smiley ups Smiley heart

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so much worse!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The thing is, she didn't 'not invite' people. She invited them, then UNINVITED them!!!!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought exactly the same thing, there’s nothing wrong with wanting your wedding to reflect you and your beliefs but to deny guests an invitation because of it is crazy.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow. I hope she's as diligent in her beliefs for all living things as well. I figure with this kind of stubbornness, she's gotta be...right?

I think she missed a great opportunity to showcase vegan meals to her meat-eating friends and family.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LMAO! Now this is going too far.

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HOLLY CRAP! What a phsyco, I don’t know why Im surprised there’s some seriously ignorant people out there. But still! So outrageous. i wonder though if that is her intention, just for attention lol.

I am not saying there’s anything wrong in wanting s vegan wedding, that perfectly respectable but to not invite people because of their choices in a personal matter seems a little egotistical to me!

If they’re willing to eat the vegan meal and be part of the vegan criteria with wardrobe and what-not they should be welcome with open arms, and no one should ever be slandering anyone let alone family on social media because of personal indifferences!! AWEFUL WOMAN!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OH MY GOD. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS. I'm CRYING from laughing so hard...
  • C
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Carolyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I don't get. Like if you only want vegans at your wedding then okay whatever, but to invite everyone and pick a bridal party containing non-vegans and then uninvite them right before is ridiculous. Based on the article I can't imagine that she could have great bonds with her friends and family if this is how she treats them. So like you said I bet some are relieved to not have to go haha

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol I know! People have different body types, get over it! I'm letting my girls pick dresses they'll feel good in.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've just.... never even considered "body type" when it came to picking my girls. I picked the people who mean the world to me! I'm 5'2".... and let's be real I have negative boobage but I love my butt!!! So I focused my dress on making my bottom A+++++! My girls picked dresses that worked for everyone and that was that!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, no no. Red lipstick isn’t vegan haha. I wear Ugg’s lol
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    😶
    Okay.. I totally get having a 100% vegan wedding if that's what you are. Fine I'll go along with it. But to invite people just to uninvite them later on just so you can make some vegan statement it absolutely ridiculous. I would be relieved to be uninvited to that wedding!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, I love this idea. I'd SO go to that, and make sure to post pictures on social media and tag her in it. Smiley winking

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey careful now! I wear red lipstick! Smiley winking

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope all of the meat-eating guests organize a BBQ on her wedding day.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow.... Just.... wow.... you've got to hope that people like this are few and far in between...

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so wrong that she's discriminated against because of her body!

I recently discovered that 3/4 of my bridesmaids have brown hair and eyes and my FSIL is blonde with blue eyes. I'm not about to kick her out just because she looks different from the others. There is definitely enough dress options out there and they could've found something to accommodate her boobs.

I'm also in a wedding party where I have the largest boobs lol and managed to find a dress that won't distract from the bride!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG that is too unreal!

I know some vegans, and some of them are super chill, didn't call anyone else a murderer, etc. when going out to eat somewhere. I've known others who try and convince you to go vegan the second they find out you aren't already vegan...

...and then there's this! I would only serve vegan food if I was her, but I think she's also trying to drum up attention to herself (well it worked!).

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha what a lunatic! I hope the day is still the happiest day of their lives with no family and friends there to celebrate it with them...

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

...how does she even go out in public? A lot of people she walks past/speaks to/sits down beside on a daily basis likely eat meat...I wonder how she handles that lol

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, I would be! Hopefully her bridal party is able to use what they purchased for another wedding.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is absolutely terrible. To not be chosen for a wedding party based on your body.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh! People are ridiculous! Why wouldn’t she just serve vegan food?!?! I find people who go to that degree wear red lipstick and ugg boots Lol. I’m sure people are relieved they are uninvited to her wedding.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't see why she couldn't serve vegan food to all guests. I'm sure she did this for the attention; clearly it worked.

(Also unless she was born into a family of vegans, chances are she's eaten meat at some point… wouldn't that make her a "murderer" too?)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    SOME PEOPLE. Like okay if you only want to celebrate with vegans that's fine and all but why invite everyone else in the first place?
    I heard a bridezilla story on the radio today... a bride didnt want one of her best friends to be on her wedding party BECAUSE HER BOOBS ARE TOO BIG and would be a distraction away from the bride and would be too hard to find a dress for.... Like. WHAT

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics