Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erika
Newbie February 2021 Ontario

New bridesmaid???

Erika, on September 27, 2021 at 00:15 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3

Bridesmaids

My husband and I got married on our special day this year but due to covid we weren’t able to have the big celebration we wanted. So we are doing our big party wedding next year. Soon after we got engaged my husband chose and asked all his 6 of his groomsmen. I only asked my moh because she was the only one that needed to attend. Now I am having trouble deciding if I should add on to my party or just keep it simple. I have now asked my husband sister, my cousin and my international bff. I don’t care that our sides would have different numbers. Anyways one of my husbands groomsmen just got married and he was a groomsmen at his wedding too. I am friends with his new wife but we are very new friends. We’ve only really hung out for a year. She did not pick me as a bridesmaid for her wedding (mainly because we are such new friends and she’s known her girls way longer). But she is so nice and fun and I could totally see her getting along with my other bridesmaids. I also know we will be friends 20 years down the line because our husbands our such good friends too. Would it be weird for me to ask her or should I go for it? I feel like the situation just makes sense but I also don’t want to make her feel awkward or anything. What questions should I be asking myself to make this decision?

Thanks!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on September 28, 2021 at 06:25
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in a similar boat. My husband had his four best friends and I had our sisters and my best friend... So only one actual friend 😅 not that our sisters aren't my friends haha. I heavily debated asking his best man's wife as her and I gave grown to be pretty close to best friends over the last few years and I KNOW we will be in each other's lives forever. At the end of the day, I decided I liked that my bridal party was family (including my MOH/best friend of 30 years) so I asked her to be our MC instead as she's known my husband since high school. Our MCs were my closest friends that I didn't ask to be in the wedding party and it was perfect. She also still spent a lot of the day with me (i.e. she joined us for breakfast and got her hair and makeup done too as she was at the hotel with us all weekend). At the end of the day though, it's up to you and what you want. Looking down 25 years will you be happy you did or didn't ask her? Or will you regret it. You can also be totally upfront and give her the choice (which is slightly awkward for people to say no.... but worth a shot).
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you truly feel like you want to have her be apart of your wedding party, I say do it! If you feel like you can become close friends and still be friends down the road, why not!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Offer it but make it known that no feelings are hurt if she turns you down. Give her the full list of expectations of what you want in a bridesmaid so she can make her decision accordingly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics