Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie March 2021 Ontario

Need help finding a cheap venue in Toronto/GTA

Deborah, on November 11, 2019 at 10:05 Posted in Ontario 1 11

My fiance and I are looking for a cheap wedding venue in Toronto/GTA. We're planning on having about 100 guests, we would like to have the wedding on a Saturday night (as half our guests will be from out of town), during January-February, and our budget is $10,000 in total. We would like a venue ideally that charges $50-$60 per person (max) including a 3 course meal. Is this budget realistic? Most venues I've seen so far charge at starting $100 per head...Thanks for your help in advance!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on May 2, 2020 at 10:46
  • C
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Deborah, I have the same budget as you and was considering a March-April wedding in 2022, in Toronto/GTA. I am hoping to cut costs by going to City Hall for the ceremony and then having the reception at a restaurant. My thinking is to have minimal flowers and decor and no DJ etc. to help cut some costs. Try looking up The Granite Brewery & Tied House, they have options for a buffet (which is cheaper than a sit down meal) and the minimum guests for a Saturday is 80 people so you would be set. You can do the ceremony there too. They have a FAQ fact sheet available on their website so it might give you some insight Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure that you'd be able to find something near Toronto for that even in the winter months. I hope someone else has more helpful advice...
  • A
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure how much it would cost for a Saturday night but I'm getting married at the Glenerin Inn and spa in Mississauga. Its reasonable for us, though we are having a lunch wedding on a Sunday in March and we should come in under the $10000 mark for 90 people.
    Good luck in your search.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check some golf courses. 100$ pp in winter time is too much. im paying that for middle of summer!

• Zoe Grace
    Beginner October 2023 Ontario
    Zoe Grace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you'll get what you are looking for in Toronto. I was able to get a huge discount on my hall in Vaughan but it'll still be 75$ a head on a Friday. You might want to look in to Carmen's Hotel, or Carmen's Banquet Hall, or The Lakeview by Carmen. They're all in Hamilton, but they offer really good pricing that might be closet to your budget, and their packages include decor/DJ/limo/food/open bar etc (depending on the package).

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married at the Royal Ashburn Golf Club in Whitby, I'm not sure what their pricing will be in 2021 but I'm pretty sure they have discounted rates Nov-April or so. It's beautiful and an amazing deal for everything that comes with it, check it out! Good luck ❤
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your idea is great and the day chosen is the most expensive of all unless chosen to go alternative of Friday or Sunday wedding to save less. Venues may give discounts based on the season not the day especially Saturday.

There may be other venues which do better pricing given further discount for the Saturday date. Check around and get quotes if they will give you better pricing over others.

• J
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with Burlington Convention Centre. They charge $85/pp for their winter extravaganza package. The package includes decor and lots of food so you can save extra there. They have a Marriott next door for you guests out of town.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For open bar, $100 per person seems right to me for the Toronto area. As I said, because you're having your wedding in the winter you might be able to get some savings.

There is a bridal show coming up in January in Toronto - you might be able to speak with some vendors there and get some deals.

Venue, food and booze are the most expensive items, typically, for the wedding.

• D
    Newbie March 2021 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're planning on cutting down on other costs, like not having a wedding cake, only buying flowers for the bouquet and the boutonnière (still searching for areas where we can cut on costs). As for the bar, we are looking to have an open bar but we're also more flexible on this as well.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion, I think it’s tight. If you’re willing to go outside of the Toronto area, you might be able to find venues that are going to be more flexible with respect to cost.

It’ll also depend too what kind of bar package you’re interested in. Open bar will be more expensive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics