Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick

Need help (diy signposts)

Amanda, on March 12, 2018 at 17:52 Posted in DIY 0 5
My ceremony is inside a rented hall, And I got a fabulous idea that I'm very devoted to doing, but I have to figure out the logistics.
I want to DIY some painted signs that read my favourite part of our vows and place them along the aisle as quasi "pew markers" (our guest list is tiny so this is doable)
("Marriage is... ... a commitment... ... made in love... kept in trust... ...lived in hope... ... And cherished forever..." ---- 6 signs)
ANYWAY I need a CHEAP way of securing them in place. I would LOVE to be able to just hang them over a chair, but they'd just fall off/down. My best idea at the moment is to use something like in the pic attached, the problem is those have spikes that go into the ground (which wouldn't work well with a wooden floor)
Is there a such thing as the little sign posts (In the pic) that have a base (for indoor use) instead of spikes?
I can probably even make spikes work (grind off and give a wooden base or something) but where on earth do I find these signpost/holder things? And are they crazy expensive?
Any ideas Or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Need help (diy signposts) 1

5 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 14, 2018 at 09:42
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would try the dollar store or michael's

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think mine were $3 or $4 each! They had black or brown when I bought mine a couple months ago, but I know I've seen them since!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks So much!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Seriously?! Dollars? That's awesome! I was thinking I was only going to be able to find them at, like, a garden center for 40$ apiece
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know about grinding off the bottom, but Dollerama sells them for pretty cheap. That's where I got mine from.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics