Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia

Need centrepieces without flowers

Michelle, on February 20, 2020 at 11:04 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some new centrepiece inspiration since receiving a quote from my florist and finding that cutting our original idea of having real greenery on the tables with candles is the best way to fit make the quote better fit our budget. We looove this florist and really want to go with all her other ideas.

I've been brainstorming and I am considering using bud vases with a few (fake) wildflowers instead, but I'm looking for ideas of options without any kind of flowers that don't make it look bare.

Our theme is what I've been calling "boho and a touch of industrial" and our venue doesn't allow candles that aren't contained within glass that reaches higher than the flame so candlesticks are out of the question.

Have any of you ladies considered centrepieces without flowers or greenery? Do you have any inspo pictures for me? I've been scouring pinterest for new ideas daily!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 6, 2020 at 12:07
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did potted plants and beer and wine bottle lamps (beer or wine bottles with a string of LED lights in them). It is easy and low-key but still pretty.

• Lindsay
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going with bud vases from Michaels and ordering the 'bulk flower medley' from Costco. Planning to put one flower in each vase, with silver votive candle holders and flameless candles. Similar to this pic:

CentrepiecesNeed centrepieces without flowers 1

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flowers for weddings can be so pricey!

I got some greenery from Michaels, and just cut them into smaller stems to play on wooden rounds and then a geometric lantern.

I have seen wine bottles with fairy lights in them, just empty wine bottles on wood. There are so many nice options without flowers or candles !

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you thought about using Costco for flowers? You can order them in bulk and save a tonne. My plan is to do faux but if that falls through I'll be going to Costco!

This one is light on flowers and greenery, and I think I'd prefer it without:

Need centrepieces without flowers 2This one is more modern than boho, but some cool vases for candles don't always need flowers!
    Need centrepieces without flowers 3

• Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hii! here are a few options:

10-diy-flowerless-wedding-centerpieces-0

f1bbbdd1-6a11-4785-8cc4-4590e39def2a_1.d

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRCdfgNyop2XIvqwpJSv

• Brittany
    Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I might be using wine bottles and putting lights inside of them. You could always do this and then add your own touch of other things too.
  • Lee-Andréa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could drape strings of pearls, or old brooches and jewelry from a thriftstore, or those little glass pebbles; sometimes you can find some big bags of really nice colours at the dollarstore or pet store. Cheap ways to add a little sparkle still! Good luck! Smiley smile

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding where the centerpieces were cheeseboards full of meat, cheese, and fruit. It was awesome. I've also seen wheat sheafs in beer growlers, 3 floating candles on wood rounds, and pumpkins with leaves (like Tori posted).

I'm going the route of bud vases with just one stem of alstroemeria or greenery in each.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about leaves? I know for my wedding we went with really glittery leaves from dollarama?

Need centrepieces without flowers 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics