Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carleigh
Curious October 2017 Ontario

My wedding vendors in cambridge!

Carleigh, on March 13, 2017 at 13:41 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hello!

I honestly kind of already half had my wedding planned prior to my engagement so I didn't end up having to look into as many vendors as most people do. Or at least I don't think I did.

For venues I looked into my top 3 which were Graydon Hall, Cambridge Mills and Ancaster Mills. We ended up going with Cambridge Mills. More details on the venue below.

For florists I met with 3 different venues - Petitie le Fleur, From the Potting Shed and another one in Cambridge but I don't remember their name. They gave me the wrong quote anyways. I ended up booking From the Potting Shed. More details on the florist below.

For Make Up and Hair I probably contacted at least 20 different places accross the GTA and put all their costs/details into one spreadsheet to compare. I ended up meeting with one of them 'Make Up Worx' and that's who I've booked for both hair/make up. They're mobile! More details on them below.

For Photography I already knew who I wanted. Jeremy James Photography. He shoots amazing photos at reasonable prices and is extremely honest and great at his job. We had our engagement shoot in early Jan with him. More details below!

Cambridge Mills

We chose Cambridge Mills because the place has such an elegant, classic, romantic feel to it. They were able to meet with us at a very last minute notice to show us around the place. We signed on the spot! We will have 2 individuals who will help organize our entire night the day of... the ceremony and reception are at the same place so it's easy for guests...and the food looks amazing! It's a little bit of a pricey venue, but you get what you pay for... we all know that! Click here to see photos!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cambridge+mills+wedding&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjks8bOgNTSAhUo94MKHaqIDvwQ_AUIBigB&biw=1680&bih=925

From the Potting Shed

As mentioned above, we chose to go with From the Potting Shed to be our Florist. Her prices are honestly extremely fair. We went for the 'all inclusive' type packages with a bit of an upgade since I wanted tall flowers as my centerpieces. The extra little thing this company adds is a 'flower party' which is where a month before, my bridesmaids and I get together and make flower arrangements to figure out what colours I want etc. We went with FTPS instead of other two for a variety of reasons... price and execution being the foremost important. This company also does weddings all the time at the Mills and knows the set up of everything so that was interesting. The other company Petite Le Fleur told me my quote would come in at my budget but then when she gave it to me it was $1000 over - so I didn't really trust someone who was that off in a quote! The other company that I can't remember the name of gave me literally the wrong quote - and on top of that didn't seem vested in any of my details when I met with her to put together a quote. I am still a little sceptical about this company as I've seen very mixed reviews..... anyways check them out here for more photos

https://www.pinterest.com/frompottingshed/?eq=from%20the%20potting&etslf=6701

Make Up Worx

I have no doubt in my mind that I'll love my make up on the day of my wedding. This company comes to ME wherever I am to do my make up. I will pay a small fee for their travel but that's totally fine. It puts me at ease knowing I don't have to travel anywhere on the day of my wedding. They're also going to be doing my hair so it's a one stop shop! I can't wait. I have yet to have my trial done but I'm totally excited for it and If you want me to share photos after, just reach out. Here is some photos of their work..

http://makeupworx.ca/bridal-gallery/

Jeremy James Photography

As mentioned before, I knew I wanted this photographer before I was even engaged. I've seen his work numerous times on social media and then when he confirmed the price, I was completely sold. Our engagement photos were amazing, click here ( http://www.jeremyjamesphotography.ca/ ) to see his website and if you navigate properly, you'll be able to find my engagement photo gallery!

I haven't really had any other contact with other vendors. If I do, I will be more than happy to update this.

Carleigh

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on November 1, 2018 at 08:37
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is great info, thanks I am actually looking so this is helpful.
  • L
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carleigh,

How did you like Makeup Worx for your hair and make up?

Thanks!

• Carleigh
    Carleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

hair and make up prices

hair and make up prices

hair and make up prices2

hair and make up prices2

hair and make up prices 3

hair and make up prices 3

hair and make up prices 4

hair and make up prices 4

hair and make up prices5

hair and make up prices5

hair prices

hair prices

• Carleigh
    Carleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey, do you have an email? It won't let me post the excel file! Smiley sad Sorry for the late reply. Shoot me an email though **************@*****.*** and ill send you my doc! it shows hair and make up for cambridge, kitchener, and gta area including who travels, extra costs etc!

• Ashleigh
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for sharing this info Carleigh-I haven't started looking into hair and makeup yet so your vendor information is great! Would you mind sharing that spreadsheet you made for hair and makeup vendors? I didn't grow up in the area so I don't know any good hair/makeup services around Cambridge/Guelph area yet!
    Thanks 😊
    Ashleigh
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carleigh!Thanks so much for all these great recommendations! I can't wait to see how your wedding pictures will look like!! Smiley love To include pictures in your post you can follow these steps so that we can all see them better:

How To Upload a Photo or Video from the App

Do you already have ideas for your hairstyle too? I thought I would share these with for ideas Smiley smile

Hairstyle Duel - Which one?

Hairstyle: 2017 or 2018?

3 hairstyles with flowers. Which one would you choose?

What style of makeup did you choose to go for? Smiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics