Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Super August 2017 Alberta

My wedding is one month from today

Bethany, on July 8, 2017 at 14:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
OMG my wedding is one month from today. I feel like I'm not ready!! Not not ready to marry him, but ready to have a wedding! This whole time I've been so easy going and a bit cocky that everything will get done and I'm not going to worry about anything. But everything's not done!! I still need to write my vows and confirm who's really coming and alter some of jewelry and confirm my hair style. And I'm hoping im not forgetting anything.. It better all come together for my wedding.. I think I need another month lol

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on July 15, 2017 at 12:41
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm moving from a smaller city (about 160,000) to just outside of Toronto. You're doing the opposite. I'm having a hard time being uprooted also and I'm not fond of more traffic and a faster pace. There will be a period of adjustment, that's for sure. I hope these men appreciate what we're doing for them. Good luck with everything.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right!!! I hear you. I'm moving from my place in a big city to a small town 1.5 hours away so that I can live with him. The moving my stuff wasn't as trying but the being moved out of my element is super hard on me! So I sympathize with you on having to go thru a stressful endeavour like moving and getting rid of long time possessions.. that is never easy! It's all such big changes right, it almost throws off our equilibrium lol. Important to take care of ourselves in these moments I suppose! Thanks for the story
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, take a deep breath. Then another. Then get a nice big wine glass and fill it with your favourite. Sip and think. Think and sip. That might help you get through. Our wedding is in 10 weeks and we are renovating his house for me to move into. I'll be moving from my city to his but I can't take everything so I have to declutter. All this on top of planning the wedding!

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The rest is fluff, I like that. You get it. Thanks for that.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off congrats! One month so exciting!
    I was the same for our wedding. We were pretty organized (made a huge Excel spreadsheet lol) and I honestly believed I had thought everything through...but yes the last month was a whirlwind and all these tiny logistical details kept popping up! I had a few freakouts and wasn't sure I was gonna make it through hehe.
    I think what really helped me was to constantly remind myself about the big picture. At the end of the day, I was going be married to the man of my dreams and the rest is fluff. Everything fell into place on that day and it was wonderful Smiley smile
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly!! I have my list now I have to start banging things off. It's hard cuz I'm in the middle of a move too and it's out the city I lived in and where I know where everything is
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat. We're about 2 months from our wedding and all along I've been very low-key and not stressed about anything. Now I'm suddenly getting a little bit stressed because the time is passing so quickly. I keep thinking that I have tons of time but eventually that won't be true anymore. I've already made a list and hoping to get quite a few things checked off this weekend. A list definitely helps - it feels really good to check things off!

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I need that too!!!! Glad you said something lol.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just under 2 months out and I am having the same panic! Just breath and do what you can! If it doesn't get done no one will care, as long as you and your FH are there with the officiant and a wedding license everything else is just window dressing...which reminds me we need to get the license....Smiley laugh

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations to you. I agree with others to have a checklist and just ensure everything that needs to be done is completed. The best thing to remember that it will all work out and you get to marry the love of your life. It will all come together, I know it's hard, but try your best not to worry. *Cheering you on*.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Bethany! So exciting!! Don't worry it will be all fine. Here I send you a planning timeline: 12 Month Wedding planning Timeline - What to start planning first and when. - Let me know xx

• Sherrie
    Newbie December 2017 Ontario
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm getting married in December and will be walking down the aisle to paco bell cannon (by a violinist), it's SO beautiful and totally classic. Just a thought for you Smiley winking

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make an entire list and next to it, write down when it absolutely has to get done. And go from there. It'll all be awesome!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You've got this! The fact that you have a list of outstanding stuff is a great sign!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sure you'll make it and everything will be fine!
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also haven't picked any songs for anything .. the aisle, first dance.. I'm sure there's more!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics