Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lyvs
Newbie May 2017 Ontario

My venue: Carmen's

Lyvs, on November 1, 2016 at 19:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 19

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new here and used this site to searching for venues. Most of the venues in Toronto are nice but also very expensive. So I started searching for venues outside of Toronto, I fell on Carmen's in Hamilton. I was very impressed with what they offered in their packages and thought it was too good to be true (they offered everything, all you have to do is show up with your guests and for a great price); so we booked an appointment and on our way, I was still very skeptical. But when we got there, OMG we were in awe and disbelief, very nice place. Luckily they had a date available around the time we were searching for and boom, we didn't even bother with other venues.

So, we met with Jessica and she was supper nice and great. So, anyone used their venues before or are planning to? What was your experience like?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Suzie, on May 3, 2019 at 11:25
  • S
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Suzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tiffany I was wondering if you could remember what was the name of the hall your friend had her reception and if you could remember if the bar was open into the hall
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Booking cares hotel as we only have 100 to 120 guests
  • Dami
    Curious May 2017 Nigeria
    Dami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I almost booked Carmen's as well for the same reason that it was a just show up type of venue. Hope it turns out to be everything you hope and more.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lydia,

I just saw this thread. I've been to Carmen's before! It's really nice! Food was decent, open bar, clean washrooms.

My only complaint was that I was sitting too close to the room divider (the couple rented 1/2 the room) and I can hear more of the other wedding than the one I was attending. BUT the bride and groom DID hire an ammature kid DJ (yes, a kid, his father was supervising the entire time!) and he did not turn up the music enough.. even after our table requested it 2-3 times. And he was playing jazzy, cocktail hour music the entire time. WHEREAS the wedding next to us was banging! Top 40's all night!

If I was attending the other wedding, I would have no complaints.. but because I wasn't.. It was too noisy I could barely hear what the bride and groom were saying in their toast etc etc. I think this was more of a DJ issue though.

all in all a very nice place, great packages. I would of considered the venue if I was looking to host in Hamilton.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nataly, sorry for not seeing this sooner! Smiley heart Did you find your photographer? You can take a look at the ones in our directory: Wedding Photography Toronto

Wedding Videography Toronto

I also created this post this week for feedback Smiley smile

Are you hiring a videographer and photographer?

How are your preparations going? Can't wait to hear from you xx

• Jason&nataly
    Beginner May 2017 Ontario
    Jason&nataly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Hun!, thank you l. I actually found my venue, it will be at the Boulevard club, now I am looking for a Fotographer / videographer. Any suggestion!?
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Nataly!! Smiley heart I'm so glad you got such amazing feedback from Melissa! Smiley smile Welcome to the community dear! I hope you're doing well! How's your search for a venue going? If there's anything we can help with, create a discussion and we'll be there for you hun. Have you found what you were looking for?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love hearing about everyone's venues! Let's see some pics! Smiley smile

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Lydia, That is great to hear! I have never been to Carmen's but from what I read it sounds like you got a very good deal!
    Cheers!Smiley smile
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will both have to share pictures! I am trying to round up my crew for the shopping trip!
  • Lyvs
    Newbie May 2017 Ontario
    Lyvs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Valerian, Unfortunately the invites are not. Currently looking into that. I am hoping my mom will be able to make my dress, it would be very special. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Lyvs
    Newbie May 2017 Ontario
    Lyvs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's great Melisa, Happy brides rock lol. I will be starting dress hunting as well, let me know how it goes.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nataly!

Welcome to the community Smiley smile I am so happy you have reached out for this!

I have booked Sassafraz Restaurant for my reception- maybe worth looking at for you? there are dozens of great choices, and some really flexible oprions around.

Can you tell me a little more about your vision for your wedding? Sit down dinner, or cocktails or brunch? Colours or themes? We have so many brides with varying budgets, I know someone here will be able to inspire you.

You should make a new discussion to intorduce yourself and give us some details! How long have you been engaged? Everyone here is very helpful- and have great ideas to push you in the right direction Smiley smile

• Jason&nataly
    Beginner May 2017 Ontario
    Jason&nataly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello ladys,
    I just start today planning my wedding, and I am a little bit lost. I don't know where to start. I am looking for venues here in Toronto (something small for 110people, no too expensive), If someone knows any restaurant/hotel that can recommend me will be amazing. And any advise will be well received.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so amazing- it sounds like they have put you ahead of schedule! Wedding Wire has a great index of photographers and videographers-very helpful, and most will respond quickly! I actually found mine through a facebook add, and got a great deal. Ic an share details if you are interested!

What style of dress are you looking for? Everyone says that trying on dresses is a great moment, so i am looking forward to that.

My plans are great- yesterday I booked my last "big thing", and got a permit to use the Toronto Music Garden for my ceremony Smiley smile I'm a happy girl today! Now I am starting the dress hunt Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Lydia!

Welcome! I did like Melissa and used my bff Google to take a peek... they have some great reviews and the photos look great! Looks like you landed a great deal!!!

Do they take care of your invitations also?

That's so cool that your mom might be making your dress... it will make it so special!!Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lydia!! Once again, I can't tell you how happy I am that you'll be joining us for your wedding preparations!! Welcome to the community!!! Smiley heart I'm so glad you are having such a great experience with one of our vendors!! This is totally amazing!

I'm very happy to see that you everything under control and have most of your things booked!

You can have a look at the videographers and photographers in our directory to see which ones fit your style:

Wedding Photography Hamilton

Wedding Videography Hamilton

I can't wait to see pictures of everything you've found so far!! It would be so amazing if you're mom could make your dress!! Smiley love What do your favourite dress designs look like? Did your mom make her own dress at her wedding?

• Lyvs
    Newbie May 2017 Ontario
    Lyvs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa,

Thanks, I am currently looking for a photographer and videographer. I haven't started looking for a dress yet but I do have a design in my head and hoping my mom will make my dress for me if her health permits. Besides getting the bouquets and rings. There's not much left to do. I am so grateful for Carmen's cause they removed most of the stressful stuff away for me lol. How is your planning coming along?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lydia!

Welcome to the community!

I have no first hand info about Carmen's- but I was curious after reading you post, so I did a little googling Smiley winking It looks like you might have scored a great bundle deal! They get great reviews (check out their WW profile too!) https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-banquet-halls

and the pictures look great. Congrats on picking your venue!

What other plans have you made? What choices are left?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics