Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nichea
Curious September 2023 Ontario

My vendors in london and st thomas ontario

Nichea, on March 15, 2017 at 00:50 Posted in Ontario 0 1

Hello all
We have visited a few vendors in and around London and surrounding area and had some positive experiences and one bad one.
The bad one was in Cambridge at the Mill. Although beautiful, we found their pricing a little out of scale based on what they were offering for the money. We drove all the way there even though they weren't up front about the package prices when emailed. We got there and they said it would be 1900$ for reception and even though the ceremony cost would be less if held on a Sunday they were only going to drop it to 750$ from the 1500$ it was supposed to be for a day or Friday night. When we asked if we could combine the ceremony and reception to save some money and advised they would not even need to set up chairs they could just put the tables and chairs up and guests would sit at their tables to watch they said we could do that. The main problem is that they said that we would still have to pay BOTH fees even though they literally had Zero to do with setting anything extra up for the ceremony. We both found that to be a bit dishonest and shady in our opinion.
Thankfully with wedding wire we were able to find some other sites that are a bit more flexible for a couple of ghetto-fab wedding planners such as ourselves😃 Happy vendor hunting!!😃👍🏻💕

1 Comment

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 22, 2017 at 07:10
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Nichea! Smiley heart I'm happy to see you were able to find something better for you in the end! Which venue did you end up choosing? Smiley smile You should meet the others who are getting married in St Thomas and London:

Faith - St thomas ontario small to medium wedding

Kalene - Vendors for my wedding in St Thomas!

Brenda - Great bakery in london area ...any ideas?

It would be fun to share your ideas together! You can leave them a comment on their wall or in their discussion Smiley smile What's left on your list before the wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics