Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Super June 2020 Alberta

My First Bridezilla Moment

Chelsea, on July 29, 2019 at 22:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

Alrighty ladies, its finally happening - I'm having my first Bridezilla moment.

I got engaged May 2nd, 2018 and started planning the wedding right away. We set our date by the end of May 2018 and because I'm a student, I looked ahead and decided that the best time for my Bachelorette would be my Reading Week, February 2020. I let my closest friends know right away that I was hoping to spend a week in Mexico for the Bachelorette, that way they had plenty of time to plan and save. Let me just add - I am not unreasonable! I get that it's a lot to ask. I even had two of my BMs say right off the bat that they wouldn't be able to make it (one is living in Australia, the other is finishing her Masters so her schedule isn't really her own). There were absolutely no hard feelings, and I continued to plan based on the girls who told me they would do their best to make it work.

There's been tons of communication regarding this trip. We sent out an electronic Save The Date in May, and invitations with RSVPs in early July. We're planning on booking by mid-August. Tonight I get a text message from one of my BMs bailing on me. She and I had talked about this trip within the past couple weeks and she was all in (or at least she seemed to be). So now I'll only have 2/5 of my Bridesmaids with me for my Bachelorette party.

Am I wrong to be annoyed? And let me be clear - I'm not necessarily upset that she can't come, I'm annoyed that she's telling me two weeks before we're supposed to book when we've been planning this trip for over a year.

Ugh.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on September 12, 2019 at 19:13
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s not just the wedding party! it’s actually mostly friends outside the bridal party at this point. it’ll be me, 2 BM’s and 4 friends
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww man that sucks!!! i guess she may have realized how much it will cost now that booking time is coming up. can you ask some other friends to join? bach's dont always need to be JUST the wedding party!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven’t really dealt with it. i definitely let her know i was not impressed, but i know at least that she’s going to really regret not coming
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so disappointing. How are things going nowadays with said bridesmaid?

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe that totally sucks, sorry to hear this and no you should be annoyed I would be. I'm pissed that my ladies don't want to do anything in terms of a bachelorette party at all.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally new, which is why i’m so upset!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is this friend usually flakey or is this a new thing? Regardless, it's disappointing and I hope that she doesn't pull anything else like this as a bridesmaid since you need reliable people with you.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Her only reason was that she doesn’t think she’ll be able to save for it. which would have been fine, except we’ve been planning this for over a year and she was fine as of two weeks ago. i will have a couple more friends joining me too, the guestlist right now is myself plus 5-6 girls, and i honestly cannot wait. it just sucks that she isn’t making it a priority. i was under the impression that as a bridesmaid, she wouldn’t want to miss it
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so annoying. Did she give you a reason why she's backing out? If I were you, I wouldn't hold it against her, and this way your trip will be more intimate with just you and 2 of your bridesmaids!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks that she's suddenly bailing on the trip, especially when she's planning another trip with other people - what's stopping her from bailing on them as well?

I would be annoyed too, and let her know that you feel hurt by her seemingly-sudden back-out.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From reading this convo I am seeing that either its she wants to go with diff people next year and wasn't sure or not good at communicating so said it last second. I am surprised that she didn't call you if you guys are this close to say like I can't do this trip and I am sorry.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh gurl, i’ve already cracked a bottle of wine and have started drafting my response 😂 my
    MOH is on vacation in the States so i’ll probably wait till she’s home so she can help me too
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dang.... well then.... Where to go from there....

Next plan of what I would do... I would get DRUNK ALL BY MYSELF!! lol Okay, maybe have a few friends over... But get DRUNK and then FaceTime her or call her and say that whole thing. Limited time here as the booking is to be done in August - but you can't tell me she's just going to ignore your drunk call/facetime/texts right? I mean, if it's all written down and she reads it AND ignores it - man... I would start questioning the friendship and why she is in the wedding party (I get that not going to the bachelorette is way different than straight up ignoring calls/texts).

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, this is the best part - she lives in Saskatchewan, and I’m in Alberta, 8 hours away. She visited me in June for my dress shopping, and she was also in town for the 2nd weekend of July for the Calgary Stampede. She stayed with me both times. We drank lots of wine and talked lots about all of this. When she left we laughed and said “the next time i see you we’ll be getting on a plane to Mexico!” And now she did this over text, which fine - but she could have Facetimed, or at least called
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Man.... I'm putting myself into how I would feel if that's what one of my girls did... I would for sure have a sit down with her. It's one of those times where you can't assume or accuse but like... we see what's up.

This is my solution 9/10 times... have a girls night... get DRUNK... tell her how you feel! I mean, start off with how you were to excited for it and are super bummed that she can't make it and then add in that you also feel bad because "this means that not only will you (she) not be able to make it to the bachelorette but you (she) won't be able to make it to that summer trip that I (you) heard about with _______". Then... see what happens. REPORT BACK TO ME!! lol, I swear this is exactly what I would do!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She claimed it was finances, but i’ve known her long enough to know that’s not true. which is the frustrating part. she’s mentioned in the past wanting to take a trip next summer with other friends, and that she’s saving for that. really just feels like she’s not making it a priority.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not wrong at all - to drop out just all of a sudden without giving an explanation is bizarre and I would ask for more info. Was it that she didn't save for it like she should have?? Is it because she barely passed her current classes and knows she will need to be studying for reading week in order to pass those classes? I would want answers too!

On the plus side, you can be in the middle of pics now since there will be 3 of you Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics