Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Must have dance songs

Samtam, on November 18, 2016 at 15:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16

Hello Brides and Grooms! I want to know what your "must have" dance songs are for your DJ! What are the songs that you will stop mid-conversation for and say "be right back!" so you can break it down on the dance floor?

Shut Up and Dance!

For us, our fave song is "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon. We told our DJ to make sure that we were around when he played it because it's our dance song and we had been waiting so long to dance to it! (I was so worried he was going to play it when I was in the washroom or something!) My husband is not much of a dancer but we busted a move and the dance floor was filled with our guests!

I also had to have "Wannabe" by Spice Girls and had an awesome time dancing to that with my girls! Such a classic! Smiley kiss

16 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 18, 2016 at 21:59
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NO! Because you have good taste! We have similar taste! Smiley smile It leads me to believe if you are old, I must be tooSmiley surprise

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And of course I will help! No problem!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What are you saying? For old school songs, because I'm old? bahahahah
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might need to pick your brain for more gems to add when the day gets closer Smiley laugh

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha fabulous!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks like a really authentic moment- I love it Smiley love

You're going to have to post every last one of them!! Did your photographer give an idea how long?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ promised us anything on the do not play will NOT get played! No matter who requests it on the day of Smiley smile I will make sure that a variety is played, but it's may darn wedding, so I don't want to hear anything I consider a crappy song Smiley winking

Your "Shut up and Dance" might and up on the list too...it is stuck in my head now!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you! I totally love this shot and remember the exact part of the song it was taken! I don't know how I'm going to wait to see more!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes to Pump Up the Jam! Good call! Sounds like you guys will be having a fun night! The "do not"play list is also a good idea. Nothing will kill a good dance buzz quicker than a song you hate!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL "push it" was the first song my FH ever sang to me (to prove her knew all the words without background music. he does.) A great dance song!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also- the picture of you two dancing is gold! You both look so into it!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh there are so many! We love dancing, and have talked to our DJ about an 80's 90's dance party *with a few more current hits mixed in*

Our must play songs:

I melt with you- Modern English

Bust a Move-Young MC

Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic

Good Vibrations- Marky Mark

Let's Dance- Bowie

Jump Around- House of Pain

Jealous- Chromeo (new, but I added it to the list after an in-car dance party on my drive home today)

There are a million more, it will be hard to fit them all! If anyone thinks of a great classic I might miss tell me! Smiley smile

We also have a pretty extensive list of do-not play songs at include pretty much any organized dance song that isn't the time warp, most country music and drake.

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooo that sounds like fun! You gotta throw those classics in there like YMCA but Uptown Funk will be fun too! Have fun making your music list!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will want lots of the fun dancing songs that are played at weddings! I want the YMCA obviously and the macarena.... But I love most music and we havn't talked that much about the song lists yet. We want music people will dance to... uptown funk is a great example of the type of dance music we want played!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

80's music is the best! So much fun to dance to! Haha and that is true that it's good to have some that you're not attached to so you can rest your feet for a minute!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it's old school 80's music! Lol I so might be dating myself right now! Ha! I lose my mind everytime Push It by Salt N Pepa comes on! But I love tonnes of music so I'll get up for Pitbull like I would for Bon Jovi. But I know I can't stand Celebration by Cool N The Gang for the "Feeling Hot Hot Hot" songs! I've heard them so many times at weddings they drive me insane! Lol That's my sit down and take a break songs ! Lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics