Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaytee
Devoted September 2017 Alberta

Music - choosing your "must play" list

Kaytee, on August 15, 2017 at 11:21 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
Our DJ said that a "must play" list is optional but not necessary. I am going through all the songs WE WANT to hear and there seems to be a lot....so much so that it would probably fill 1/2 to 2/3's of the night (8 hours). Do you think that is okay? I feel like the DJ would hate that but I am not sure. I just love the idea of hearing all these songs at SOME POINT....the soundtrack to our wedding more or less. Just looking for what other people are doing or if anyone is not doing one or picking their entire list? I want to leave some up to the DJ but I really want to include some songs.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kaytee, on August 17, 2017 at 11:49
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good suggestion. I've come to realize though that this isn't something I need to worry about. It's my wedding and if I want to hear all these songs, that's okay. There is still enough time for the DJ to do his own thing this his choices and then others to make requests so I think I am just going to keep what I have and be happy with it Smiley smile
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having that issue so many songs I want to hear lol if you are worries about room to make sure guests can choose songs maybe have the dj cut songs sooner, lower music and put on different song should cut maybe 20 seconds per song
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe, I hope so.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe if you talk to your DJ there is a way that you can have all that music during your day.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is the thing....I loved making this playlist and want all the songs lol.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if he asked for input he can accommodate but may ask you to make further cuts.
    We created our own playlist and will be playing it off our iPod. It was really fun to put together and was one of the least stressful parts of planning!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ has a must play and nice to play list. They don't guarantee the nice to play list Smiley smile

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Joey, that helps a lot.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be best to ask your DJ what he thinks, but if he asked you for the playlist then I'm sure he can accommodate it - he'll want you to be happy and if hearing these songs is important to you then it is best to convey that. I gave my DJ a do not play list, as well as filling him in on the styles of music my DH and I both liked and a few of our favorite artists, and let him go from there. A great DJ will take your likes into consideration, as well as reading the room, and will craft a perfect playlist for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics