Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shauna
Curious October 2021 Ontario

mua edits photos of me to look thinner

Shauna, on December 10, 2021 at 11:18 Posted in Just married 0 13
I guess I just want to vent? My makeup artist asked me to send her photos from the wedding after we got them back from the photographers. The MUA then edited my face and arms to look thinner before posting them to her Instagram feed. I just noticed today, because something seemed different about them so I compared them side by side to the ones from the photographers. It was subtle but for sure edited.

It made me feel HORRIBLE about myself. I never told her I'm insecure about my arms or my roundish face - She decided independently that those parts of me weren't good enough. I know it's her Instagram page and she can do whatever she wants with it, but I feel like it was a crappy thing to do. Am I right in thinking this? Should I confront her about it?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Melanie, on December 13, 2021 at 19:19
  • Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow, I’m so sorry! First of all, you’re beautiful. Secondly, that’s so incredibly unprofessional and uncalled for of her. I’m glad you’re saying something about it to her and would also leave a review. Keep us posted.
  • B
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Her insta is a lie. Your natural beauty is not ! Remember that !
  • Nmjg77
    Newbie September 2022 New Brunswick
    Nmjg77 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not only what she did was inconsiderate towards you but it was also violating the terms of your photographer's contract as they usually have a "no editing allowed" clause in them. Also, the photos should only be posted by you and your photographer. If the MUA wants to use them for marketing then she would need to make arrangements with your photographer and pay for the rights to use them.

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Late to the discussion, but I agree that it is completely unacceptable and I hope you confront this MUA.

• Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for your support 🙏 it means a lot because this was very upsetting to me. I've drafted an email that I'm going to send to her, expressing the various reasons why what she did was wrong. Hopefully it is well-met and she will not do this again. I've also asked her to remove the edited photos of me from her page.
  • Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 🙏❤️ I am definitely going to say something to her.
  • Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your support. I only know her professionally. Also yeah you're totally right, there are likely copyright issues with what she did too. I will look at our photographers' contract to see.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing of this photo editing seems right to make you look slimmer than how you really look. It should be the real you on the picture if someone was to think you lost weight on the instagram page. You should ask her to put the real picture instead or take the picture posted down.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! The picture you have posted here is goregous and there is no reason for anyone to photshop you. I would say something and have her take it down.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so not okay. And has no got me thinking how much editing is done on all MUAs instagrams.
    I would confront her about it and ask that the pictures be taken done.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your HMUA is crediting the photographer and you as a client, that's grounds for defamation because not only is she misleading her clients about her work, but also misrepresenting the photographer and you. Definitely confront her about this. I would also leave a review.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh!!! I would totally confront her! She has not right to change the imagining of your photos!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello!

OMGOSH! I actually can’t believe someone would do that. That’s actually so messed up. I’m so sorry! I would 100% confront her. Is she someone you know personally or just professionally? I can’t believe that. Also. It may be her Instagram account but she can’t actually edit the photos for her own use because they are not her photos. She doesn’t own them. There should be a clause about this in your photographers contract. Especially when it comes to posting it on social media/marketing purposes. So there’s big reasons to confront her. I imagine your photographer would not be happy either.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics