Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Move in Together Before or After the Wedding?

Amanda, on August 17, 2022 at 12:06 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Hey lovely brides-to-be and newly married ladies!

Deciding to move in with your partner before of after wedding is what a lot of couples think about.

A lot of people see moving in together as a great start to get to know each other. Other people see it as perfect test before marriage. The thing is that a lot of couples might work great together living apart, but living together is a completely different story.

What is your opinion? Are you living together? Smiley heart

I had my very own condo when my husband (boyfriend at the time) started seeing each other. Let's just say it only took about 5 days until some of his things were staying at my place and then the XBOX showed up and that was pretty much it. He moved in right after that. We've been living together now for just over 7 years and it honestly has been the best thing for the both of us! We've learned about each other in a way that you wouldn't if you weren't living together.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on August 25, 2022 at 01:30
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee and I have been living together since 2020, almost a full 2 years (will be 2 years at our wedding date!). We now have a house together after renting for most of that time.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's been amazing!!! I love having a house and a backyard!! Slowly picking away at small updates
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I absolutely agree with you!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this!!! How are you enjoying your new home?!??!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think moving in with each other now is the new normal before getting married! I totally agree with you! You see how someone goes about their daily lives
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's very important to live together before marriage, both of you get to see each others quirks and make sure they are small enough to deal with forever...

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After about 2 years together we moved into a small condo together. I think it's very important to live with someone before marriage. We lived together for 3 years before we got married and we moved into our own house less than 3 weeks before our wedding!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amanda,

Great discussion topic! I originally lived on my own for a bit (which I think is so important for every person to do!) and then my now husband (boyfriend at the time) moved in and we had been living together for 6 years before we tied the knot.

For me, I am a big believer in living together, seeing how it is day to day, seeing how someone budgets finances, etc.; I think is extremely telling. I would be very nervous to move in with someone AFTER I marry them. I understand why people do it, many reasons (tradition, religion, personal choice, etc.) and maybe regardless, after you are married, it motivates you more to figure things out when newly living together but for me it was just the natural course, we wanted to go to bed and wake up to each other each day and I'm glad we did - think of all of these moments we would have missed out on with each other had we waited. In the end, each person should do what feels right in their heart Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics