Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenn
Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan

Mother of the Groom Gift Ideas?

Jenn, on March 30, 2019 at 07:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17
Hello, lovelies! We are officially three weeks out, and I have yet to have a good idea for a mother of the groom gift. Just a bit of backstory, my biological mother and I have been estranged for many years. My FMIL is a literal God send and has been a wonderful mother-figure in my life since the day I met her. As far as wedding planning goes, she has helped with nearly everything from dress fittings to menu options (without being pushy in the least!). I would like to give her a meaningful gift, something that says - I'm thankful for you, and I'll take care of your son - but I haven't had any luck finding a gift idea that isn't cheap looking / mass produced... I'd like to keep the total cost at around $75.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on July 19, 2019 at 09:52
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I found it on Pinterest - no link attached to it though. If this is what I go with I would just go to a seamstress and get them to make it though.

• Tammy
    Beginner December 2022 Ontario
    Tammy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is gorgeous! where did you find this? Is there a link?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There is! I don’t have the exact website offhand but I think I googled “rosaries blessed by the Pope” and the official website should be the first one to pop up!
  • Michelle
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a GREAT idea? How do I go about doing that? Is there a website?
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a beautiful idea. I'm sure she'll love it!
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having a friend make me a pin for FMIL. it will have the infinity sign, tree of life my birthstone and my fiancées birthstone. My friend and I designed it together in sterling silver. The charms are symbols that we are now a family for ever. the card will say something like...I'm excited to walk down the aisle and join your family tree and marry the person you raised who is just so perfect for me. Thank you for trusting me with a piece of your heart. It will be a like a brooch or lapel pin that can be worn on with anything.

Hope this idea helps. Good luck

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your suggestions! I have finally settled on a nice fragrance, My Fifth Avenue, as it reminds me of her, and the bottle is gorgeous! A bit more than I had wanted to spend, but that's okay... now I can feel free to slack on a future birthday gift! Smiley winking
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And I should add that after the day we plan on gifting them framed photo's from the day. Of them with us, or the moments getting ready with them the photographer catches.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought compacts of Etsy. I think they came within a week, but you can rush orders as well.

They are beautiful in person. Hand made. Excellent Quality. Even come gift wrapped beautifully. Coloured clay, swavorski crystals. You can choose custom colours, messages, etc. You can get mother of the groom, or her inital. Or thank you for raising the man of my dreams.

CompactMother of the Groom Gift Ideas? 1

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/242616113/today-is-the-day-mother-of-the-groom?ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that my gift to my FMIL will come from my FH - but if you are either wanting to get another gift on top of that or make it a gift from the both of you I would think that anything from the heart would work. Maybe a handkerchief like this but you can get it to read something that comes from the heart and how much you love her for not only making your FH the man he is and that you love but how much it means to gain a mom like her Smiley smile

Mother of the Groom Gift Ideas? 2

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sorry for your loss. I think it's a great idea to plan a quality-time (and relaxing) afternoon! Thank you for the suggestion!
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about a mother-daughter day spa trip? Go get mani pedis and lunch/dinner?? Lets face it most moms just want to spend time with their kids. I know for my wedding in September the plan was to have me my mom and Joshs mom get lunch and mani-pedis... Now its just going to be Joshs mom and I to go as my mom recently passed away.
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I might borrow your plan... My FMIL & FFIL have tons of candids of the two of them (they've been together almost 40 years!) but very few professional photos. It would be easy enough to add one more to the list for the photographer... Thank you, Robyn! This is just the kind of suggestion I needed!
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love Books are so great, I didn't even think of that! Thank you, Candace!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FMIL is religious, we are getting her a rosary blessed from the Pope.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FMIL is not into any sort of jewelry or keepsakes, which makes shopping for her INSANELY DIFFICULT. She does love pictures, though, so I am thinking of getting her 2 large frames - one with a picture of her and my FH, her oldest son, when he was a baby, and one left blank, which I will later fill with a picture of the two of them on the wedding day.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my FMIL a Precious Moments figurine that has a mother helping a bride get ready and then I am writing a little message on the bottom for her. My FH is giving the same gift to my mom as well.

We also looked at some engraved locket ideas, engraved rings, the "love books" that sort of thing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics