Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

Mother of the Bride (motb) in the Processional

Michelle, on August 22, 2023 at 11:00 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

Hello Everyone!

I am getting married in THREE DAYS!!! And I am so excited.

However, a somewhat important question remains: how is my Mom getting down the aisle? My partner's parents will already be seated due to limited mobility. We are having a nondenominational wedding, but I know for most Christian weddings, the MotB traditionally walks down the aisle first to signal the beginning of the ceremony.

HOWEVER... at my sister's wedding, the groom walked my Mom down the aisle and she loves this idea. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how we could make this happen? Looking at the processional, it doesn't seem right for her to be placed anywhere else other than the beginning, but then the Groom either walks my Mom down the aisle and stays at the front, and he doesn't get his own walk, or he walks her down, walks back up the aisle, then walks down himself, which seems redundant.

Any help is appreciated!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 07:49
  • N
    Featured July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our parents will be walking us. We haven’t figured out which one will be at the altar waiting
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My parents will be walking me down the aisle followed by our bridal party and then Natalie’s parents will be walking her down the aisle
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your ideas!

We will be having an usher walk her down the aisle who is also our MC and my partner's close cousin.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

She can walk with you and your dad. Alone, Bestman or groom. there's not right way of doing things.

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Michelle, I am having my brothers walk with my mom, that way the whole family feels like a part of the ceremony.
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Amanda! This is a great option. Our best man is the groom's brother as well.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At my wedding our best man which was my husbands brother walked my mom down the aisle

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics