Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Mother of the bride dresses

Renee, on July 15, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Hi ladies!

For those who have been shopping or moms have already bought their dress in Toronto, where did you go? I'm having a rough go finding formal dresses. My mom really wants strapless and even that hasn't been the easiest to find. Help me!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 10, 2018 at 09:43
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try David's Bridal. They have some awesome dresses.
    My aunt is my "mom" for all my wedding stuff and we ended up getting her this high neck halter. floral. with a belt. and she LOVES LOVES it (and she is so dang picky). and it was only $130 bucks!

https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_printed-round-neck-chiffon-gown-with-beaded-waist-111537db_mother-of-the-bride-dresses

• C
    Newbie February 2019 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on her budget, I would suggest Avenue 22 Bridal(its near Eglinton & Dufferin). My mom bought her mob dress about a month ago, and she is absolutely in love with it. They are a little pricey, but the service is great!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fairwheather is a nice store for dresses in major malls. There may be other stores with selections based on your budget.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are will to travel to Barrie, I have a great suggestion. Kelyta's Creations. I found my Wedding dress there and couldn't have had a better experience. My Mom wanted something out of the norm and was able to find a gorgeous MOB dress with a short train. So my Mom. I can't say enough good things about Kelyta and her shop.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes David's bridal is a great option but also try Le Chateau, Laura, Melanie Lynn and even hudson's bay! As the summer goes on there will be more options for summery dresses!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have any specific store names, but I know there's a lot of shops on Steeles and 400 that have bridal and mother of the bride dresses.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    David's Bridal actually has a big selection of just evening wear (not bridesmaid, they are off the rack, cant be ordered, and usually only come in the colour you see). My mom and I have been to about 8 stores for her... the evening gown/prom sections of bridal stores, David's Bridal, and places like Le Chateau. She has found lots of nice options, just too soon to buy for January.
    There's also a place called After Five here in Vancouver that's all evening wear, she bought a dress because it was on sale and loved it. Its black, and she wants to wear silver to the wedding tho. Maybe look up regular formal wear stores?
    Dont count out going into aaaall those bridal boutiques, even if your not looking at bridal dresses!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics