Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyssa
Curious December 2021 Alberta

Morning of the Wedding

Alyssa, on June 16, 2020 at 14:53 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

How are people handing food the morning of their wedding? We getting married out of town, so we'll be in a hotel. Not sure how to arrange food for the morning off, room service could be pricey - as I'll have the bridesmaids there, heading in to town will take too long, we'll have a small fridge - all I thought was maybe pack some yogurt.

Suggestions, ideas, hits and misses - let me hear them!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 28, 2020 at 16:13
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get a fruit platter and veggie platter and then subway has mini sandwiches like app size grab a platter of those as well.then get a case of pop and a case of water youre fine

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got ready at my parents house, and they had pastries, fruit, coffee and of course mimosas. The boys we left to do their own thing lol. But they were in charge of limo food. Since we did a first look, the whole wedding party was together afterwards for pictures. The boys prepared some sandwiches and quick snacks so we had something to hold us over until dinner.

Keep things simple and not too messy!

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a small wedding party, we are planning on making trays up with snacks (fruit,sandwiches etc) and bringing them with us the day before (we’re staying in suites the evening before and have fridges in the rooms luckily so we can store them). Figured it would be easy and more cost efficient instead of ordering trays which can add up, especially when you throw the word wedding in there when you call for prices!
  • Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a light grocery store bought breakfast would be fine. Especially with a nice lunch out or some take out brought to your hotel.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the others, a quick trip to the grocery store for some light snacks like yogurt, granola, fruit, and pastries should be fine. We've had breakfast meetings at work and grapes, yogurt, and granola are by far the crowd favorites.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents have a condo where we're getting married and I'm getting ready there the morning of. My mom is thinking of getting some fruits and granola and some pastries from the grocery store just so we have something to eat and nothing too heavy

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At my friends wedding we had fruit, yogurt and granola. We also had a bottle of champagne and some orange juice to have a mimosa to start our day. It was the most relaxing and fun morning I think I've ever had.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go to the grocery store before arriving at the hotel with foods that can stay out without needing refrigeration. Get things that are nibbly or bite sized but can keep you satiated, like granola bars, nuts (as long as no one is allergic), or maybe some easy to eat fruit.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our out of town wedding we just skipped breakfast and had an early lunch which was provided to us by my Baba who brought it out and used the reception venues oven to warm it up. Ukrainian food is always a win!! Would your venue let you do something like that? Or do they have restaurants nearby?

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were thinking of doing like pastries, fruit and coffee - nothing super heavy but just a bit to snack on. I know I will have no appetite so my bridesmaids will be forcing food at me haha.

I think you could do something like that in a hotel room along with yogurt and such!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics