Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Super September 2017 New Brunswick

Month of coordinator

Katherine, on February 22, 2017 at 19:08 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
I interviewed an event planner today, she quoted me 3 times as much as I wanted to spend... I must really want one since I am considering hiring her at 15% of my upper budget... She had some great suggestions and didn't look down her nose at some of my more extreme cost cutting measures... I do like to be in control of everything but the thought of handing it over and having someone else deal with the minutia of the last month really appeals... I could shop around more but we seemed to click and there are not a ton of wedding planners in NB... If Troy agrees, we will probably have to cut into the honymoon budget to pay for her... What do you think, has anyone else hired a planner?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Linzer, on February 23, 2017 at 17:06
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not TOO bad, I've gotten 3 quotes ranging from 800- 1400 inclusive of travel costs but I'm right downtown Toronto so the travel part is a non issue
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, I forgot to mention that wedding planners often know where to cut costs and other options so you might be able to make up the difference there.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm an event planner myself (not weddings) so I definitely see the value in hiring one because she will take care of a lot of little things for you so that you won't have to worry about it.
    I would make a list of what she is taking care of For you and see if it saves you money elsewhere (like the flower arranging).
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol I know right... Usually I'm so tight I squeak... Lok
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1400 plus travel and a hotel the day before and taxes... She is also a florist and will help us with our arrangements... From the limited shopping around I have done, the price seems fair.
  • Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never did because I almost studied for doing that as a living and it is really expensive. It depense really on how badly you wanted to hire her.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We hired one! She was bloody expensive but will be oh so worth it!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that cut off. What I was trying to say is that her rate is significantly less than others in the GTA so I'm skeptical and want to vet her considerably although the back and forth over email so hair has been very good.
    I really like the idea of having a MOC to coordinate my vendors and help set up my diy decor the morning of.
    What is your potential coordinator charging?
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yikes, sucks that it's pushing your budget! I have a Skype interview session with a potential MOC in a few weeks. Her rate is SIGNIFI
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great, always nice when you really click with a vendor. Unfortunate that they are quite a bit over budget, but they must have really dazzled you for you to be considering them regardless

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics