Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Logan
Newbie May 2022 Ontario

moh - Opinion

Logan, on November 15, 2017 at 23:03 Posted in Ontario 0 11
So... Everyone knows that we are soon to be married, but I don't have a MOH!!!!! Honestly, with all the doubt that I get from my "friends" I don't really know whether or not I should have one.Thoughts?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on February 28, 2018 at 19:34
  • Danielle
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Friends of mine didn’t have a bridal party. They had everyone sign a wine cork and picked names for who their witnesses were. It was great, suited their personality, and lots of laughs for us! Plus the corks doubled as their guest book
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't have one yet just leave it be. I don't think one is necessary tbh. My cousin just got married and they didn't have a wedding party and it was really lovely.

• A
    Beginner June 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its totally fine not to have one. My sister and Friend are equality important to me. If you have a bridal party just let them know you need a witness and would like one of them to decide. MOH is over rated

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its totally fine not to have a MOH! I almost didnt because my sis/bestie are equally close and i didn't want to choose, but i eventually went with my sister so my mom didnt get salty @ me lol.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a wedding party and we're doing just fine! We asked two friends to be our witnesses and that's it.

If you don't feel comfortable asking anyone, then don't Smiley smile it'll be less stressful in the end!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally your decision. If you don't feel like you have a friend close enough to honor as the MOH, you can just have a whole bridal party of just bridesmaids, or no bridal party at all.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you and FH haven't discussed the topic yet, then best to leave it and just ask her to be a witness. That should be something to honour you. Same with your hubby.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You don't need one! I was so clsoe to just canceling my whole wedding party, on my side at least. I've had such drama with the girls already. I fired my original MOH because she was just a bad friend, even kicked her out of the wedding party completely. And I just fired another bridesmaids for pretty much the same thing. If you have that one friend you just can't be without on the day then as her/him. If not I personally don't find it necessary. It's your day, do it how you want Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have doubts then you have a few options: 1) don't appoint someone your MOH; or 2) don't have a bridal party. Either option is acceptable and totally up to you. It's your wedding do as you please.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's fine not to have a bridal party. Asking someone to be a MOH is a way to honor someone close to you, so if there is no one who you can see filling that role then it's totally fine to consider skipping it. If there is a guy you are particularly close to you can also have a man of honor instead. I'm sorry to hear your friends aren't being super supportive, I hope you have some people on your side who are excited for you.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me the girls I had next to me, they were my sisters and my best friends... The one's I couldn't picture not standing next to me the day of my wedding. It is all a personal decision.. If you think that your friends aren't going to be supportive enough, or not help in any way etc, then you don't have to have someone stand next to you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics