Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mtlbride
Beginner August 2019 Quebec

Modern Centrepiece Ideas?

Mtlbride, on March 22, 2018 at 08:11 Posted in DIY 0 12

Does anyone have any ideas for modern centrepieces that can be given away to guests? Maybe something DIY or something that can be bought for a reasonable price?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on March 28, 2018 at 16:13
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I think it would look great!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's a lot of cute geometric candle or plant holders I've been seeing in a lot of arts and home hardware stores! They are very elegant and very modern in my opinion! You can fill them with what ever you want to (florals or candles) I've been having my eye on them for a while now haha!

Geometric Candle HoldersModern Centrepiece Ideas? 1

• Mtlbride
    Mtlbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great suggestions! Thanks!
  • Mtlbride
    Mtlbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is actually a really great idea! Our tables our round so I love the cake stand idea!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you know if you’re doing round or rectangular tables? Have you thought about edible vs floral? Or something different from those?
    If you’re doing rectangle tables you can put out more centrepieces than round but on a round table you could even put a cake stand with some favours on it or in a bowl?
    Love the idea! I’ve only been to weddings where the favour is a centrepiece and it’s some sort of floral arrangement. We’re putting wine on our tables but I think we’ll be keeping our centerpieces pieces to resell but my MOH wants to brand our wood cookies and give them to guests. I didn’t think people would have somewhere to put something like that in their home haha so I doubt we’ll brand them and give them out.
  • Kat.
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Kat. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found adorable chalk board signs on mini art stands - at the dollar store! Can use them for name cards but can also take home. If you look on wish there's also a ton of skeleton key bottle openers that come with tags and mini mason jars
  • Mtlbride
    Mtlbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your input! I think it's a great idea to have centrepieces as wedding favours! I was actually looking into candelabras, but haven't found any that can be bought for a reasonable price.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could look into doing a candelabra idea and let people take it home? But that could be pricey. I've seen some people use the wedding favours as the centerpieces and then allow guests to take them home. (So I've seen records/cds, succulents/plants, books, vases, etc)

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you tried looking for ideas that are modern vintage? You could even try looking at minimalist ideas as well.
    I like Karen's ideas of succulents.

• Mtlbride
    Mtlbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The theme is very airy (not much decoration). Colors will be light and soft (blush pink, white). And the room is very modern and romantic with many mirrors lining the walls and crystal chandeliers. Many of the ideas I find online are rustic and that's really not the style of my wedding.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What exactly do you mean by modern? What is the theme or feel of your wedding?

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Succulents are getting popular as wedding favors and you can use them as centerpieces as well.

Modern Centrepiece Ideas? 2

Modern Centrepiece Ideas? 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics