Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 British Columbia

Missed Recordings

Anthony, on December 21, 2019 at 20:04 Posted in Just married 0 5
Hi everyone,

First post here. My wife and I got married 4 months ago, and we just received our raw footage. After watching through the whole thing, we noticed that our bridal party introductions were not recorded at all! I asked the videographer to check and apparently they just missed to record that portion at our reception. All he could say was that he was deeply sorry. How should i go about asking for a monetary compensation? Our MCs practiced for awhile introducing each bridal party member so this not being recorded is VERY disappointing, as it was an important part of our wedding and something we want to remember for the future.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on January 2, 2020 at 10:03
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Man I completely know how you feel - when we got our footage from our videographer back we were devastated at his sloppy work all together :/ best he could do was just give us all the raw footage but seeing as how that's what yours already did... Maybe just ask if there is anything that he can do to make up for it? Maybe he could give you some money back - or maybe he could agree to do a small video for when you have a kid at their first photoshoot or first birthday or something? At this point it doesn't hurt to ask because at worst he could say sorry, no refunds or anything and then just give him a bad review on all the social media places.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no thats terrible to hear!! did u specifically ask them for those recordings? you can just ask him is there anything he can do to compensate you

• M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go back and read your contract. Does it specify what portions from the reception you wanted? If so, then that is a clear reason to get a small refund, if they missed part of what they wrote down. Verbal contracts are also real - did you specifically tell them that you wanted the party introductions on video? If so, then that is also reasonable grounds for them to fork over a bit of what you paid them.

If, however, you did not specify that portion of the reception as being important to have on video, then it's a bit different. While for your party it seems like it was a special moment, it doesn't pertain specifically to the bride and groom, and I personally see how a videographer who wasn't given instructions to record it would think it wasn't very important, and may have been taking that time to adjust equipment and move angles. I guess it depends on how much you want to fight with them about it. If you didn't specify the portion for recording, I can't see your videographer wanting to give up their fee, especially if they followed through well with everything else.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You may want to talk to the vendor directly about compensation. Was it just the introductions that were missed or would you say you got less than what you asked for? If you still got a fair amount of footage, while it is disappointing, they still provided their services and deserve some payment.
    The issue with a legal battle is a) you’ll often spend more than it’s worth lodging the claim, and b) depending on how much was provided or how the vendor acts to correct the issue, the judge may not side with you or award you less than you expected.
    Try reasoning with them first and see if you can get a reduction or a partial refund. If they’re as sorry as they sound, they’ll probably be amenable to it.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anything missed is really hard to get compensated after 1 month time as I had issues with our footage that was taken on some parts of the wedding. The videographer didn't seem remorseful towards what I was saying and trying to get it fixed right away. You get what you pay for was their words to us.

The videographer was at least sympathetic to you about that mistake not taking into consideration when filming. If they are able to put a 1 minute of online video for the compensation over cash, that would be a sacrifice for your family and friends to watch. Its hard to deal with those that feel we don't deserve our money back because of their mistake. Court cases are often the way that you will get some money back if you decided to sue them given the judge is on your side.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics