Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Mini-moon in Winnipeg

Tori, on October 15, 2019 at 13:54 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

If you didn't already know - me and my Husband tied the knot on October 5th 2019!

Our #LoveIsDollYouNeed Wedding!

Since my Husband started a new job in September and I started a school course... October 1st... (Haven't bought the textbooks yet even....), we decided to have a mini-moon in the city for a few days and do a full honeymoon in January/February when we can get the time off as well as save up for it!

For our mini moon though, we stayed in the city of Winnipeg and here is what we did!

Sunday October 6th 2019 (Day after getting married)

- returned most of supplies

- checked into Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel & Spa (Caribbean room)

- picked up our kitten Kit and puppy Karma and dropped them off with family

- candle lit dinner

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 1

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 2

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 3

Monday October 7th 2019

- returned the rentals

- Thermea Nordic Spa from 10AM - 4PM

- Rumor's Comedy Club to see Louis CK

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 4

Tuesday October 8th 2019

- Sleep in!!!

- Cirque Du Soleil Amaluna

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 5

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 6

Wednesday October 9th 2019

- pick up pets

- get some legal stuff done

- go home!

10/10 would recommend a mini-moon when you can't have a honey moon right away!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on October 25, 2019 at 13:38
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes - right?? Thermea was actually amazing! Only thing I would change is that the food options are not for a picky eater like myself...

And also yes, still weeeeeeeird Smiley tongue

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I friggin' LOOOOOVE Thermea! My bridesmaids actually took me there for my bachelorette Smiley smile

We've got a pretty good thing in Winnipeg that's for sure! My HUSBAND (lol...still weird, right?) and I went to the Nordic spa in Kananaskis on our honeymoon, and to be honest, it was nice, but Thermea is so much nicer!!! Glad you had a good time in the city Smiley laugh

They have cuter robes at Kananaskis though lol

Mini-moon in Winnipeg 7

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Trust me - you won't regret it! I also highly recommend getting a hotel room! Not only was it nice to come "home" to a clean place to sleep but nothing there reminded us of all the stuff we have to do after the mini-moon like cleaning our outfits, selling the decor, etc.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mini-moons sound fantastic, my FH and I are planning on taking the week off work after our wedding to relax and enjoy being married for a few days

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s good! I think Thunder Bay sent some assistance too but glad Minnesota is helping too!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya, the city is doing pretty good - only some lights still out but that might be from construction. My parent's cabin up north in Steep Rock... there are hundreds of Hydro Poles broken/down and the estimate is that they will be without power for 2-3 weeks.... I also heard there are workers from Minnesota up here helping so that's good!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s good! Hopefully things are back to normal now!! My bridesmaid is in Portage la Prairie and her power was out for 36 hours
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Luckily the snow storm was a few days later! We mini-mooned from the 6th-9th and the power started going out on the 10th and by the Friday the 11th mostly everywhere was with no power and for us that meant not having to stay at work! (Don't get me wrong though - we were still expected to show up to work, but once the power went out at our offices for over 30-45 minutes we were sent home!)

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m glad you had a great time!! Sounds like that snow storm Manitoba had didn’t effect your minimoon!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes i agree its such a great idea!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like an awesome time away! The spa looks absolutely heavenly - I may have to steal that idea Smiley love We'll probably do a mini-moon right afterwards too then go for the real deal in the winter or spring.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome pics. Glad you got the chance to decompress after the wedding. So happy for you.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man definitely!! My FH and I are all about kid free vacations haha.

We really want to do a cruise too!! Probably in Europe so we can go to a lot of places without moving our bags. You’ll have to update us with what you decide to do because I might steal your idea for our next vacation 😂
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Next up is we're are hoping that come January/February we can maybe go on a cruise or something. Going to look into it once things have settled down though.

Main thing is that it has to be kid free though - not a deal breaker but want to avoid it if possible because why not?!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds so awesome! You packed in quite a bit on your mini moon!!

I’ve never been to a cirque show! Looks like you had pretty awesome seats! The spa also looks fantastic!
    So glad you had a great getaway!!
    Any ideas for your honeymoon?!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was pretty cool Smiley tongue

Here's my post about my wedding - Our #LoveIsDollYouNeed Wedding!

Hopefully we get more pictures soon that I can post but for now this is all I'v got, thank god I took a selfie with my Husband!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YAY Tori, this sounds amazing! Can’t wait to hear more and more about your wedding!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? I can't even count how many times we would just look at each other and be like "huuuuusband" and "wifey".

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That sounds like a great time!

Seriously beautiful pictures. I 100% recommend a mini moon to everyone if you aren't going on a honeymoon right away!

We stayed over night at a hotel after our wedding, did all our running around returning things the next day, and then went up north for the weekend. It is so nice to take that time before the actual honeymoon, and really let everything settle in that you are Husband and Wife!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics