Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharla
Curious July 2021 Alberta

Mini Moon ideas?

Sharla, on January 20, 2020 at 17:31 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
We are planning on doing a mini-moon right after our wedding (early July) and then a bigger honeymoon during the winter!
Our mini moon will be somewhere more local and cheaper. Then our honeymoon we can save money for a bit, and head somewhere warmer when it’s cold where we live!

I’m looking for ideas for a mini-moon. We live in Southern Alberta. Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sharla, on January 31, 2020 at 13:02
  • Sharla
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Sharla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love traveling so I think I need to go somewhere less seclusive than a cottage. It might need up being more expensive than we want, but more aligned with our goals of traveling.
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are 100% doing the same thing. Looking at a cottage for a 4 day weekend and then likely Bahamas in the winter time!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm. is there any spas near you? like fancy ones or how about an air bnb near a lake?

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH and I rented out an AirBnb cottage for a week out in the middle of nowhere. It was super cheap but the cottage looks amazing and so comfy with everything we could possibly need including kayaks for the lake that the cottage backs on to! We're also having a personal chef come and cook for us for a couple nights so we can kick back some of the time and enjoy gourmet food as opposed to burgers and hot dogs the whole timeSmiley laugh We also chose the spot we did because there's a lot of nature type things we can do too while still being somewhat intimate.

For our more expensive honeymoon we're thinking Greece which will probably be next year.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not aware of what you have out there - but for my Mini-moon me and my DH booked a theme hotel room, went to see cirque du solei, went to Thermea (nordik spa), and went to see a comedian. That and we had the hotel room where we opened all the cards and then not going to lie - sitting in cash was pretty nice too Smiley tongue All before having to go to the bank to deposit it so that it could go towards paying the wedding off that is!

We got married on a Saturday and were back at work for the following Thursday.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Baker Creek Lodge just outside of Lake Louise is one of our favourite mini get away spots! If you are looking for a mountain getaway that is secluded and romantic, I HIGHLY recommend here.

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going camping for a week after our weddings just to chill
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in Punta Cana and sort of doubles as our honeymoon. So, we are planning on going to New York for a few nights in the fall as a little mini moon! We're using points to fly so it will be kept relatively inexpensive as a trip. 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics