Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melinda
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Mimosas

Melinda, on September 7, 2017 at 10:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Anyone have a recommendation for a brand/type of champagne or sparkling wine that is good for making mimosas? I don't drink at all and I get so overwhelmed when I go into the LCBO. I'm sure they will be able to help, but just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a kind they like. Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on September 9, 2017 at 06:28
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Asti Martini Sparkling Wine is one I like and I don't drink hardly! We had mimosas as are engagement! They are great! Just remember the juices are very sweet so if you have a sparkling wine that is super sweet then the mimosa will just taste like sugar. So you may want to ask at the LCBO for something semi dry or dry. Hope this helps!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely go with a sparkling wine or prosecco since you'll be mixing it with orange juice. Leave the good stuff for you and future hubby on your wedding night/morning after :-)

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have used Bottega before which is quiet nice.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would choose the cheaper options since it'll be mixed. You can also ask the people at LCBO what they recommend.
  • Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest, you really don't need to go crazy if your doing mimosas. You can end up spending a lot of money. Anytime I've ever gotten something for mimosas or to drink on its own I get either "Bottega" or "Cupcake" they are both Prosecco (or sparkling wine) so they run a lot cheaper than traditional Champagne. Both taste great!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin did mimosa's at my bridal shower. She used "Spumante Bambino" for them! It tastes good on its own and even better in a mimosa!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics