Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner August 2018 British Columbia

Mexico, Cuba, Dominican, Costa Rica... We don't know where to go.... Help! lol

Stephanie, on July 16, 2018 at 09:34 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

Hi everyone!!

Me and my future hubby are looking at having our honeymoon in either Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica.... were really not to sure exactly where we want to go but we do know that we are wanting an all inclusive resort. What are your recommendations? Any specific resorts? Let me know what you think Smiley smile

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on July 23, 2018 at 16:53
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say 100% avoid Cuba unless your budget is tight. I've travelled there several times over the years and no matter what we spend, the rating of the resort, or the time of the year, it is uncomparable to other tropical countries. I want to love Cuba but I can't imagine spending my honeymoon there.

Dominican Republic is gorgeous! The weather is usually very hot and the beaches are really spectacular. I find that the atmosphere there is nice from the guests and the workers. As for recommending a specific resort, I unfortunately wouldn't suggest either of the two I've visited for a honeymoon (Occidental Punta Cana and the other one was so unmemorable that I can't remember the name).

Cancun is gorgeous but I'm absolutely bias due to the fact that the resort I stayed at was a genuine 5-star resort, and it's where FH proposed to me lol. We stayed at Breathless Cancun and it was INCREDIBLE. The food, drinks, amenities, and overall energy of the resort were amazing. It was like a home away from home and felt like a perfect spot for a honeymoon (FH and I are considering going back for ours). It was definitely the most expensive place we've stayed at, but it is 100% worth it for a honeymoon.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is a great resort in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic called VH Gran Ventana. Pretty quiet little resort, amazing beach and not far from some activities if you would like to do that too. The food is good, the staff are always super nice and you can upgrade your package once there.

• Susy
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Susy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Costa rica is nice but a lot of stealing goes on...Domincan is very party-esc and nice, Cuba is the best bang for your buck and mexico is probably the best of the 4 Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've done different resorts at Dominican, Cuba and Riviera Maya. Mexico is the best in my opinion, I second the one who said Grand Bahia Principe as that was my fav of all time. Like the other poster said Cuba has the worst food and in my opinion Dominican has the friendliest people. It's all good and you'll have a great time no matter where you go.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our travel agent sent us options for Mexico and Dominican bc knew we were open to both and then I made lists of pros and cons to all the resorts based on what we both wanted, resort amenities/restaurants and online reviews and we picked our favourite which is in Cancun. Riu Palace Peninsula.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been to Dominican and it was FABULOUS! I loved every minute of it even though there was some bad flooding due to rain (we went in mid November)

A coworked or mine just got back from The Grand Sunset Princess - Platinum Yucatan Princess in Riviera Maya, Mexico and they will NOT STOP RAVING ABOUT IT! To the point I have it written down to check out (and hopefully visit in the near future)

I do hear Mexico is amazing! I have never been but it is VERY high up on my list!

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cuba is beautiful but like everyone says the food is more bland. But because of that, it usually is the cheapest of all your choices.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like a walking billboard for cruises at this point. Haha. To me, a cruise is a floating, 5-star all-inclusive... but you get to see 4 or 5 different places instead of one... It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't know anyone who has cruised and not loved it.

If you want a more traditional all inclusive, I would suggest looking into resorts in the Riviera Maya region... they are really great. My in-laws favourite is Grand Bahia Principe, they've stayed there 3 times.

Also my FH and I have been told the Dominican is just wonderful. Definitely worth looking deeper into options there.

We are doing an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean. We go out of Fort Lauderdale, and go to Bonaire, Curacao, Aruba, St Lucia and Antigua... All entertainment and food included, and we will be doing the all-inclusive drink package... and we only unpack our bags once!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We usually do a different all inclusive vacation every year. Last year was Mexico and it was probably our favourite! We went to the Azul Fives in Playa Del Carmen. Food was to die for! Jamaica was a very close second, we loved it there too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics