Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Newbie June 2024 Ontario

Menu Tasting

Veronika, on March 7, 2022 at 19:48 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Does it usually happen before or after you sign a contract or put down a deposit?

I understand venues asking to do it after a contract is signed but then again, I want to taste what I'm putting a deposit down for lol
Thanks so much - just started planning and already this community has been so lovely!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 12, 2022 at 20:20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your deposit is definitely paying for the menu tasting after signing the contract. We did our menu tasting 4 months prior to the wedding as we chose our dishes and requested a vegetarian dish as well. They were great to take request and inquire with their chef.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our tasting was going to be after signing, then during covid they canceled all of them altogether and yesterday u got a message that we will finally (actually) have our tasting next month 😅
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue told us upfront we could book a complimentary tasting after we confirm our date and pay our deposit and will be scheduled about 6 months before the wedding

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think usually it's after signing. But some may do it before depends on the place 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely after you sign the contract. But every place is different. You could always ask them if they would be comfortable with you having a tasting before hand.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got to do our tasting before signing a contract/paying a deposit! It was super nice and tasty
  • V
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Veronika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The venue is a winery with a chef that's on site during peak season from what I understand 🙌
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's another great way to check out a menu before signing on. Is this an in-house caterer with a venue?

• V
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Veronika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely wasn't thinking about a free tasting, haha! Actually we asked our preferred vendor if they could let us know about the cost of a tasting from their culinary team at one of their restaurants. Really excited to try it out!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely after. A tasting is not just about the food but they go over the service based on your choice with you. If you're looking to sample a venue's menu without a commitment, some will have open houses that you can sign up for where they will serve sample appetizers while you can learn more about other vendors that use the space.

If venues gave everyone a tasting, I'm sure you can imagine the number of people who would try to get a free fancy meal out of the blue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics