Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Newbie December 2022 Ontario

Memoriam Fundraiser Ideas

Kaitlyn, on April 15, 2022 at 19:18 Posted in DIY 0 2
Hello! 🥰

My fiancé, Ryan, and I are getting married on December 16th, 2022! Before I officially announced my engagement, I was being asked what I had wanted for my wedding gift: I was blank, we don’t need anything as we’re been living together for years, anything I would be asking for would be unnecessary, truly.
That’s when we decided to do a Memoriam fundraiser for my late brother, Chris, who passed away over ten years ago from a heroin overdose. The funds will be going to “Rideauwood Addiction and Family Services,” in city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
I would like to be able to raise awareness and contribute myself to the fundraiser - but this where I am stumped. I have already shared the registry as well as my two Etsy pages (I’m an avid crafter), but I would like to do more to raise funds in my brother’s memory.
I’m hoping for some advise on how to fundraise more as I know there has to be someone out there that has done something similar. ☺️
Katie

2 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on April 19, 2022 at 15:42
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I have lost three parents to cancer so we are tossing around the idea of donating to the Canadian Cancer Society in lieu of thank you gifts but I must admit we never thought to turn it into a fundraiser...

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is amazing! And what a great organization too (I am in Ottawa and work in schools where we use their services too). I think having it on your registry is the biggest one. My only other thought is if you planned to do a favour (totally unnecessary though), it's quite common for couples to do a donation instead so that could be where your donation comes from.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics