Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Meals for Photographers/dj

Sarah, on August 31, 2020 at 10:16 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14
Hi Everyone! I was just curious if others included a plate count for their photographers and DJ. I was going to give them a tip but I wasn’t sure if the standard is to also feed them.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Diana, on September 12, 2020 at 20:58
  • D
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes a meal for all your vendors.
  • Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I would provide meals to my vendors that will be available at the wedding... I wouldn’t want to be labelled as that rude bride who didn’t feed her vendors.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most contracts should include a meal clause I know ours did.I would feed the vendors regardless because I know I get hangry if I don’t eat all day and don’t want any sloppy work due to hunger.
  • Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My photographer states in the contract that they are to be fed. I am planning on giving all my vendors the same entree offered to guests. This will be the DJ as well as my day of coordinator. All other venues will only be onsite for setup and removal at the end of the night so no meal needed for them. I think most venues also will provide vendors pop/juice/tea/coffee throughout the day.

• Megan
    Newbie September 2020 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Normally yes you would feed them, though most of them don't actually want a seat at an assigned table, especially with Covid. Your best bet is to look at your contracts or ask them, If you don't feed them then they will need to leave to get food at some point and you probably don't want that.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely include any external vendors who will work during and through your reception in your head count for food.

But to add to Amanda's comment, while the vendors won't (shouldn't) be drinking alcohol, I believe they should have access to other non-alcoholic beverages (within reason) for the sake of hydration. I recommend negotiating basic pop and coffee for your vendors. It's a long day and the last thing you want is for someone to be cranky while working your wedding, or need to make a 20+ minute Starbucks run just to fuel up.

• Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on how long you have hired them. I am paying for a plate for my photographer as I have hired her for 5 hours, but during that 1hr for dinner she is not working, and she said she will not charge me as I am feeding her.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check your contract over with your venue. I know that with my venue, since they have an in-house DJ and officiant, you don’t have to feed them since it’s included in the contract. If it isn’t mentioned though, usually you’re expected to feed your vendors.
  • Tara
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe you are supposed to provide a meal for Photographer and DJ. I am wondering if you need to provide a meal for your officiant. I have been told your supposed to, but thr officiant isn't staying all night like thr Photographer is so i wonder the etiquette for that.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My DJ is someone I would have at my wedding no matter what. Her and her husband will be having dinner with us. My photographer also will get dinner because we have her for 10 hours. My venue doesn't give a discounted rate so I'm telling my photographer to have fun after we are done with the photos (her sister will also be invited because I know them).
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely feed them if they're with you for a long period of time. It should also say in your contract if you should have a seat and a plate for them at dinner. My fiance and I's contract stats right in there that since we have 2 of them for 12 hours, that we need to provide them with a meal

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! Smiley smile
    If you need anything else let me know! Happy Planning! Smiley heart

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Amanda! This was really helpful Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

It usually in your contract with your DJ & Photographers - I would suggest to feed them as you don't want them to leave to have to eat as they miss a moment, but they MUST eat during the day of course.

Usually your venue will actually give you a cheaper cost for your Vendors as they typically don't DRINK because they are working, for instance my venue is $140/per plate but my Vendors are $78/Per Plate.

I would definitely talk to your vendors to confirm though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics