Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Devoted May 2020 Ontario

MC for reception

Kelly, on October 25, 2019 at 17:39 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20
Thoughts on having someone in the bridal party be the MC?
We are currently trying to find two people to MC our reception and having a tough time finding two people that are confident enough and know us both week enough to do a fantastic job.... our top option is one of my bridesmaids and her fiancé... thoughts!?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 30, 2019 at 16:31
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea. but you need someone to mc before they make their entrance. as long as theyre comfortable doing it why not!

• Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having my cousin do it. He's super close to me, one of my best friends, and I know that he's going to be the perfect amount of funny and down-to-earth.

• Sherrie
    Curious May 2021 Manitoba
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If they are able to do the job confidently go for it. I am not going the route of a bridal party member but I am very fortunate to have a stand up comedian for a very good friend so it does make some one keeping the whole venue light and airy as well as breaking the ice.
    In all it’s what you want. If you feel that is a good fit; then rock it!
  • Brandy
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Brandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a BM and MC for my besties wedding and I loved every second of it.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lots of people do this. Definitely okay. try to avoid people who are already doing speeches or have larger roles during the day.

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mc is my Moh. She loves the idea
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was asked to be a BM and the MC. I understand why I was asked because as a BM you are a trusted friend and/or family member. However, it was a lot of work for me. I didn’t mind doing it because it was for one of my best friends but I wasn’t able to enjoy my meal, speeches or much of that part of it because you are constantly getting up to introduce people, share witty stories etc. if you do decide to do it, having 2 people as an MC worked out better. Sometimes it would be me and my co MC or it would be one of us separately. It was fun but it was a lot of work! Of course it is an honor to help at a wedding but just keep in mind how much work it is (if you decide to have a lot more on your program)!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought about asking someone in the party but then FH told me that at MOH and BM's wedding, him and one of the bridesmaids were MCs and they hardly got to eat! Maybe we'll get our sisters or something (we agreed no siblings in the wedding party for various reasons). Or maybe we'll just go with what the DJ offers and leave it there (and maybe ask them to make the odd announcement regarding dinner or the first dance).
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go for it! I would always choose someone who knows you better even if they are in the bridal party. Its special Smiley smile

• Kim
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've asked one of our bridesmaids to be our MC and she was thrilled to be asked! She knows both of us well and is a great public speaker. We've specifically requested no Jack & Jill and I don't want a shower, so that lightens her load a bit ☺️
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's an awesome personal touch. We considered having my brother as the MC, but he lives in Spain and will only be here for a few days before the wedding, plus he's already a groomsman and we didn't want to overload him. Our DJ works with an MC and he has such an amazing personality that we hired them together. So really you can't go wrong either way 😊
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of our groomsmen is going to MC our wedding. I think it is fine to use someone from the wedding party.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not 100% sure as of yet. I'd like someone from the wedding party or a family member to Host/MC. But just Incase I discussed this with our DJ to cover this.

• Taylor
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a great idea! I’ve been to a wedding like that and it was awesome
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had one of our BM's and GM as our MC's! All of the outgoing people are our closest friends - and us, so we felt like unless we were going to have our DJ who doesn't know us just announce things... we would have to ask our wedding party. Worked out fine!

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally don’t see anything wrong with it. Our DJ will also be our mc
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My brother was our MC and he was also in the wedding party!
    We had our DJ do all the formal introductions and our first dance because we did it immediately following the entrance. Once we all sat down the DJ introduced my brother as the MC and he did the rest from there!
    It is completely do-able! I found it easier because the head table gets served dinner first. So we were able to eat and he was done eating before he called everyone up for speeches or dances and didn’t have to rush through his meal or worry about not eating
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Recently I had attended my cousins wedding this past mid September and they had 2 MCs that were chosen from each side of the family. One from the grooms was his best friend, whom was one of the groomsmen too and a family member from the brides side married to her cousin.

This is something you may want to consider doing or asking the DJ to be the MC.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A good chunk of the weddings I've gone to, the MOH and Best Man have been co-MC. So I don't see a problem with asking someone from your wedding party Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend had his brother who was in wedding party to mc the reception it worked out well. He also mc'ed for his cousins wedding while in the wedding party. Both times it worked out fine. I personally dont see anything wrong with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics