Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

May 2021 Restrictions

Kristen, on January 18, 2021 at 18:04 Posted in Ontario 0 2

Hi fellow brides and grooms,

Our wedding was supposed to be May 2020 and we postponed to August 2020 and now we are on for May 14, 2021. It has been a crazy awful emotional journey throughout this pandemic and I feel for everyone on here!

So we spoke to our venue last week and they said that even if the numbers are increased to lets say 50-100, there are extremely strict protocols that will more than likely still be in place. Tables 6ft apart with bylaw stopping by randomly to actually measure, only people from your bubble allowed at your table, masks any time you go to the washroom etc., no "social" cocktail hour (which is my favourite part) and you are only allowed to have cocktails at your table in your seat, and zero dancing. This to my fiancé and I is just not a wedding. It is not at all what we want ours to look and feel like. So I am wondering if you are going to be ok with those rules or would you postpone again etc? I just feel like that is so strict and no fun Smiley sad . Why would we pay for that? Thanks in advance!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Colleen, on January 19, 2021 at 20:14
  • Colleen
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Hank. I'm getting married May 1 2021, and we have decided to have only 10 people (essentially our wedding party, parents, photographer, pastor, and us). We're going to have a "proper" wedding in 2022 when hopefully everyone we want there is able to come and we can have a little more freedom about what can be done (ex. dancing, no masks, etc). For this year though, we are just looking for a venue that's around $500-700 that we can do our vows, photos and possibly a small dinner at. It's definitely not what we expected, however I feel that in a way once we got our head around the idea of doing such a small wedding, I've been excited about how intimate it will be. It's less about the huge amount of people and the fuss of everything and instead it is now hyper-focused on the act of the two of us committing our lives to each other. I know that this may not be how everyone feels, but it was a nice surprise at the end of the insanity of the planning and re-planning.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These protocols have been in place for the past year and unfortunately with rising case counts and slow vaccine rollout, it'll probably stay this way for the next little while. Yes, it sucks but so is a pandemic where people are dying everyday. Whether you postpone will be a personal decision that depends on your priorities. If you feel like you should only pay for the party you want with no masks, all the dancing you want, and everyone being able to have close contact, then you should postpone because it definitely won't be the case in May 2021.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics