Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2021 Ontario

May 2021 Brides in gta

Angie, on December 21, 2020 at 13:18 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hi fellow May 2021 brides!

With all the uncertainty in the world right now, Its hard to fully immerse myself into excitement regarding our wedding, especially when we already postponed it once from November 2020.

Some days I read things that make me feel very optimistic that we will be in at least code orange by May, which would allow 100 outdoors and 50 indoors, but other days I feel very negative.

Im wondering how are you all feeling? what are your plans (postpone, or get married anyways)?

Are you worried that even if you are allowed to have 100/50 guests, people wont feel comfortable coming?

Also, have our venues recommended anything? I am getting married at Chateau Le Parc and they seem optimistic, but my bridal shower is at a peter and pauls venue and they seem less optimistic.

Praying for us! We all deserve a special day Smiley heart

3 Comments

Latest activity by A-W, on December 22, 2020 at 08:24
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been having the same concern that even if we are allowed to have more people most guests will be hesitant to gather in large groups. We are waiting until Feb to decide for sure but likely only going to have 50 people if we decide to keep the venue, since then there would only be a few people from out of the district invited. We also have a 20 person back yard wedding planned just in case more restrictions are still in place in May. Having multiple plans has been helpful with the stress. Everything is changing so often we decided we are going ahead no matter what even if it's still only 10 people in May.
  • Aimerance
    Curious April 2021 Ontario
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is in mid April and we've decided to go through no matter what. For me I'm not too worried on whether people from my bare minimum guest list of 50 would not want to come because it consists of people that are important in mine and my fiance's life. And if they don't want to come I can replace them with someone else that's on the stand by list lol. I did entertain the idea of postponing and was surprised at how optimistic my venue was. They told me to keep the date and wait it out until end of February. I didn't push for it because I was just entertaining the idea. Planning in the mist of all of this can be quite discouraging. My hopes is that they will introduce a new framework after the lockdown that will allow more flexibility. Fingers crossed
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally postponed from December to March and then last month re-postponed further to September because we didn't think we would be allowed, Or if we are that most people wouldn't want to attend. And we don't want to put anyone in that position.

It's also super helpful to not follow the news everyday. I mean, continue to stay informed for the sake of your own safety measures and general information but don't use the daily news cast as a gauge for whether your wedding is happening. That will just cause stress.

I find it helps to have multiple plans in place. If you're going through with the wedding on your date no matter what, have a plan in place for lockdown, red, and orange that you can implement with a moment's notice. If you're only willing to host a wedding with 100 people or more, plan longer term and wait it out so you don't stress over whether it's allowed to happen.

Have your venues offered any solutions? Ours were pretty proactive in telling us what they were doing with other clients as well as give us holds on additional dates when things were looking so great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics