Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mais
Frequent user September 2020 Ontario

Masks now mandatory in indoor church ceremonies

Mais, on July 9, 2020 at 20:34 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Hey 2020 brides! Or better yet Covid brides. My FH and I decided to get married on September 12 no matter what, we have downsized our guests to about 50 and we are hopeful the gathering restrictions will be lifted by then, our venue has been so accommodating, they have been so great that they even helped me plan an outdoor wedding if indoors is not an option. My only concern now is having to wear masks in a church. I don’t see the bride and groom wearing a mask, what about the bridal party when walking down the isle? Or when we walk down the isle? What about when we take pictures? Thoughts?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sabrina, on January 16, 2021 at 00:27
  • L
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding date is september 26th And we are in london ontario we have an indoor venue and for what i see as of now everyone will have to wear masks. Im hoping this lifts before then would be nice to see peoples faces at least us and the wedding party
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It may be best to wait and see what happens in a month or two to see if the masks being worn is lifted by then given the situation is better lowered of the cases. Certain cities are allowing no masks based on the cases and chances it wants to get others close. Its a matter of time before things can change for the better. Pictures wise, some couples have worn masks accepting the kissing part when pronounced. You two alone would be safe without masks I would imagine without anyone around except the photographer. I do hope it all works out well for you both.

• Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I’ll reach out to him! And see what his thoughts are. I mean I’m sure there has to be a little flexibility when I kiss my FH and pictures. My guests won’t mind wearing a mask. Safety is a priority. I’m only having about 20-25 ppl attend the ceremony and it’s a huge church, so I’ll ask all my guests to social distance. Thankfully I’m not getting married in Toronto where I know rules are more strict, I’m getting married in Richmond Hill/York. Also I’m so lucky that my venue is allowing me to have an outdoor wedding. Thanks and I really hope everything works out for all of us!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok so I did some digging on this, and currently it is a municipal bylaw and not a provincial order, so it’ll depend on where you’re getting married.
    You’ll have to speak with your church minister/priest/pastor to see what they think. The bylaw seems cut-and-dry though unfortunately, especially with the Toronto one citing places of worship as part of their bylaw. If you’re not catholic, you could move your ceremony to be outdoors.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not from Ontario so I could definitely be wrong, but "mandatory" sounds pretty clear to me. I'm not sure why you and your FH or wedding party would be exempted, as the purpose of wearing a mask is primarily to protect others, with a much smaller level of protection to yourself.

Are you able to speak with someone at your church to figure out if the rule applies to them? Technically I think churches and other places of worship would fall under private property so they may not need to abide by the rule.

I hope it works out for you! At least it sounds like you can do an outdoor ceremony if it comes down to it which should solve the problem.

• Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think when we walk down the isle we wouldn’t, and when we take pictures! But the guests will definitely need to. Anyways we will make the best out of our special day! Good luck on your wedding day Smiley smile
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Misha!
    I’m in the same boat as you. We’re getting married on the 27th of September and my MOH asked tonight if she’d need a mask. Unfortunately I think we do 😬 I hope this changes by then!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics