Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Masks during ceremony in Ontario

Carolyn, on April 24, 2021 at 12:02 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Just want to get clarity on masks during ceremony - is it just the bride and groom that dont have to wear masks? How about the parents walking down aisle and bridal party?

How about for the first dances? (Father daughter, mother son)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on April 24, 2021 at 21:49
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just had my wedding ceremony last weekend in Milton - everyone was masked in the church I had to walk down the isle with my mask. Only myself & the grrom got to take off our masks once we were on the alter during the vows/signing.
    I know it’s very dependent on location & the current state as before our church allowed walking down the isle without masks for bride & groom.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh and we did not need masks for dances! We wore them to get to the dance floor of course.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're at a venue definitely talk to them or your local health unit. Each health inspector has different interpretations as well. In my area and the surrounding areas though I have not heard of anyone part of the ceremony having to wear their masks up the aisle. No one had to wear a mask during our ceremony; we made the aisle wide enough to allow for social distancing. All of our guests were also spaced out enough to allow them to remove their masks if they wanted to. Our wedding party did put their masks on when they got to their "spots", this was a last minute change, but our parents stood up there with us without them. We did everything according to the rules and regulations the venue was given.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It honestly depends on where you are. Even if the province doesn't state the rule, the local public health units might. I imagine if the Stay at Home orders remain until June, everyone except the couple will have to be masked.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The procession of the wedding party I would imagine would have to wear it including the bride and groom until you two do get to the priest/Officiant to remove the masks only. The first dance and mother/son and Father/daughter dance can be an exemption since its family. Its better to feel safe than taking chances of tests getting taken being uncovered.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics