Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Newbie March 2021 Ontario

March 2021 Wedding Ontario

Rebecca, on January 11, 2021 at 20:57 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Ya’ll I’m getting married March 19th 2021...my fiancé and I don’t want to postpone the whole wedding. Looking for advice on where we could possibly hold an intimate ceremony as a back up, just incase our venue will not allow it. Looking around toronto, durham region area. TIA

2 Comments

Latest activity by Sabrina, on January 16, 2021 at 00:33
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Meeting and event spaces are allowed to operate for "provision of social services" so you can technically hold your ceremony there, with all the rules in place (masks, physical distancing, no more than 10 people including officiant and photographer, etc). But if your venue is choosing to not operate, you can try using a church. Again, max 10 people including your officiant and photographer. If you're not particularly religious, try to find a church that is less, shall we say, "strict?" For example, Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto is a church that promotes spirituality and not necessary a particular sect of Christianity. In their words, "MCC Toronto is a different kind of faith community that welcomes people of all different backgrounds and beliefs." I believe they held the first legal same-gendered marriage in Toronto.

You can technically do it outside in a park if you and the officiant don't mind it being potentially wet and cold.

You can't have it at home or in your backyard though as per Ontario's lock down rules.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics