Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Twyla
Newbie July 2019 Alberta

Man of Honour

Twyla, on October 19, 2017 at 23:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
Does anyone else have a man as a bridesmaid or maid of honour? My best friend (my maid of honour) is a guy and I'm struggling to figure out how to pair up for the wedding party dance without having two men dance together. We may end up skipping this tradition but I just thought I would see if any other brides past or future have any insight.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on December 22, 2017 at 23:03
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the guys are comfortable with dancing together then I see no issues at all.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed. I see 0 problems with two men dancing together. Not sure why its an issue at all.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a group dance for our entrance. If you're concerned about two men dancing together, have some if the ladies from the family join in the entrance.
  • Megan
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honour is my twin brother, if we do a wedding party dance i’ll have him dance with my mom or the flower girl who is his daughter

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our wedding party join us on the dance floor with their significant others towards the end of our first dance. This may be an option for you.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your man of honour could dance with your mother or your fiancé's mother.

• H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to dance with a man at my best friend's wedding during her wedding party dance. I don't see why the two men couldn't dance with each other.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got married on Saturday and I had a Man of Honour. I've never heard of a wedding party dance, but when we did the grand entrance before dinner they played a song we chose and one by one the bridal party came out and then we came out last. I didn't pair anyone up
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could either skip this dance, or the two extra men could dance with the mothers, flower girls, their own dates, or some combination of this perhaps?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin got married 2 weeks ago and the bride had a Man of Honour and my brother was the best man. They didn't have anyone else in the bridal party but I don't think that having a Man of Honour will throw your bridesmaids count off at all. I think it would be fine.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive never heard of a wedding party dance? Maybe you could have your wedding party (or some of) dancing with their significant others to even out the numbers?
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you maybe do a group dance for the wedding party?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics