Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious May 2023 Quebec

Making your own bouquet or buying?

Sarah, on May 6, 2022 at 20:56 Posted in DIY 0 8

Hi Smiley smile

I'm in the process of planning a wedding for May 2023 and our colors are blue and purple (based off of these blue and purple orchids that we found pictures of online).

I'm concerned about the price of the flowers, so I was considering buying a bouquet of white roses and adding some silk flower versions of the orchids for added color.

Has anyone tried making their own bouquet? Do you have any tips?

Is the difference in the cost worth it?

Thanks for any insight Smiley laugh

8 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on June 4, 2022 at 00:15
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it was on Amazon.ca!
  • Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds really nice! Do you know where she found the silk flowers?

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee is making her own bouquet and the ones for her bridesmaids. She found some beautiful silk flowers and is putting them together with baby's breath and some others. Total cost was a little over $100.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with a florist who does artificial flowers for a fraction of the cost of what real flowers would cost. So we bought all of our flowers for bouquets corsages boutonnieres and centerpieces. We've had ours made up for almost a year now but bought the flowers almost 3 years ago. She put all the flowers together so we wouldn't have to worry about putting them together ourselves and everything is completely done for when the big day arrives and not have to rush around to put them together the day before hand.

• Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds cool!! 😄

Do you still have her name and contact information? 😁

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a girl who is amazing at doing silk flowers for me and my girls. she managed to find the most beautiful silk flowers, you can't tell they are fake. I found her on Market place. She's cheaper than buying professionally with real flowers and I get to keep my bouquet.

If you are great at making your own go for it, but if you get real flowers you will not have time to do finishing touches the day before, you want to take that time to relax and not stress.

You have lots of time to do Practice DIY's.

• Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks a lot for the advice, I hadn’t thought about that 😄

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're doing all silk flowers, then DIY/making it yourself can be worth it. But because you intend on using some fresh flowers, it's a lot of work for the day of the wedding. You can do it the night before (and even then I feel like it's too much work for a day when you have a million other things in mind) but the white roses won't be as fresh and nice looking.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics