Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy
Beginner September 2023 Ontario

Makeup artists

Amy, on June 10, 2022 at 08:20 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Hi everyone,

is it just me or does it seem like bridal makeup prices are ridiculious? I want to get my makeup done on my wedding day and I want it done well but 150 all t he way up to 280 for just make for one person seems crazy to me. Anyone know someone in the GTA area whois good and a decent price thats not gonna push me way over budget

7 Comments

Latest activity by Angel, on June 30, 2022 at 12:32
  • A
    Curious February 2024 Ontario
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've worked in the beauty industry for years and I have to say that it's about normal right now. If they're coming onsite it raises the fee, if you can go to someone it might lower your cost a little. The cost of the cosmetics alone, that will actually stay through your whole day is surprisingly high and then you're paying for the skill and time on top of that. When you break it down it seems more reasonable. Unfortunately when everything costs huge money to throw a wedding it all seems too high.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going with Simple Mayo (located in Toronto) - I found her on this wedding site. She is doing my hair and makeup for $350. This weekend is my trial with her, so excited to see how it will look!

Check her out www.mayonguyen.com - her work looks amazing! She also travels doing hair and makeup.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I do lol , out of all the vendors it was the most stressful to find. Because you have to find hair and makeup, I was able to find a lady who does both but still it’s about 1500 dollars split between myself 5 other people
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In NL im paying $560 for 8 of us.

make up is crazy and the skill of it is a Huge aspect just like any form or art.

do you have any friends who are makeuply inclined and who could maybe help out for 2-300?

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that those prices are pretty on norm. My artist is $120 for just make up and I'm getting her to do both hair and make up so total is 240$ (plus trail so in total I spent $480 but for my piece of mind it was worth it)

For me, I think those prices are fair when you consider you are paying for their time, materials and experience. Art can be such a hard thing to price out and know if they are fair.

I defineitly agree with asking on local wedding FB groups and just mention what your budget is, then artists can reach out to you that would be within your means.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree here in Ottawa it's crazy too. But it's my special day and I don't want to screw it up and look like a ghost face, if you do it wrong it sometimes shows up in the pictures. A girl I used to work with is a makeup artist so I am getting her to do mine. she quoted me $105 for my girls and $120 for me.

I was tempted to use my Sephora points lol. But then again it's my special day.

I would post something on Facebook you never know who you'll find looking to expand their portfolio.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know even in BC they're ranging around 200-250 so I'm assuming that's the normal. I'm paying 225 for mine and my moh is also paying 225

Try posting in your local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook. You might be able to find a couple of brides that have recommendations that are within your budget.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics