Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Surina
Frequent user March 2018 Ontario

Maid of honor

Surina, on October 11, 2017 at 15:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
I have a problem with my maid of honor. How do I tell her in a nice way that I want to have someone else as my brides maid. My maid of honor never has times to even talk with me.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 22, 2017 at 18:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have the face to face talk and let her know how ypu feel about her not taking on her part of the work. Make plan B happen quick and assure yourself to see things go smoothly.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow your bridesmaids sound horrible! Smiley sad

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most people in bridal parties do not know what is expected of them when asked. If they were given a list of duties first, then told, "If you can commit to these things, I would love to have you in my wedding party", maybe brides and grooms would receive more help. Most bridesmaids think they just need to buy a dress and show up. Their job is done. I agree with the others, have a face to face conversation.

• C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am IN your shoes right now so I know exactly how you feel. I even gave her an out when she said she was busy 6 months ago and they assured me they would step up to the plate.
    I'm 4 weeks from my wedding and I'm about to seriously have a mental breakdown. They have not responded to 6+ emails on important information could not find a day for 2 of us to go shopping for Dress, mens outfits (husbands are. I'm the party), shoes, jewelry, too busy to help with wedding Favours, centrepieces, dinner name plate tags, too busy to throw me a shower or Bachlorette. I have taken everything upon my myself and I'm exhausted.
    In 9 months I have not seen them for anything wedding related and this is the wedding party! They don't respond to text or emails.
    So my advice from you is to politely say as my maid of honour I need someone committed to assist me - the bride not only on my wedding day but things I require of you leading up to my wedding day such as ........... I understand you are busy we are all busy myself included and I need someone who would like to support me both physically and spiritually . I understand you have too much on your plate to fully commit to what I need. So to make it easier on you and myself i am going to ask someone who is more committed to helping me. I hope you understand.
    I'm bitchy right now as a result so something like that but I'm in your situation so my tone right now may not be the best Smiley smile
    Good luck
    I'd do it soon before you wind up like me doing everything and becoming super stressed and overwhelmed
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never an easy conversation, but you need to have it with her. You want someone who is wholeheartedly there to stand up and support you on you day and if she just can’t commit the time, for whatever reason, you need to let her know that it won’t work for you.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree have a heart to heart with her, if she is good friend she will actually say no i'll make the time, and if she can't then you have the right to ask someone else.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just sit her down and talk in person. Definitely a conversation that needs to happen face to face. And just explain why, and if she cant accept that, she is not a good friend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics