Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2020 Ontario

Macaroons or Truffle Chocolate

Mahsa, on December 2, 2019 at 13:08 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Hi everyone,

I"m having a May wedding in banquet hall with cherry blossom themes.

While nutella mini jars are most affordable favor option but I want to compare macaroon or some fancy chocolate prices as well.

Is anyone aware of any vendors that give good deals and it is tasty? Cheapest macaroon i found including packaing is $3 a single piece.

Also does your favor have to match your theme?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 6, 2019 at 11:27
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No favor doesnt need to match anything its just a little something for everyone who attends. depends on how many people your having at your wedding. were having 200 so the macaroon would cost us 600 lol!! im trying to find something $1 a favor lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think that they have to match a theme - but it's cute when it does Smiley tongue

For our fall wedding we gave blankets out as our favours (which worked really well seeing as we got married in October!) and they were only $2.49 + tax.

May is still a little chilly so if you are having any part of it outside I would suggest blankets!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honey would be cute! Especially with the little backstory about bumble.

I don't think favors need to match the theme, you can make them match or make them cute and romantic with packaging or tags.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honey would be so cute! I considered maple syrup myself, but I couldn't make the numbers work for how much I allocated for the favours. But I know some brides personally know some bee keepers so they got a discounted price, so it might even be worth it to check out a local market and ask a honey seller
  • M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

**Update**

Hi all,

We met on bumble and wondering whatsa good cute theme for bumble..maybe honey or match box saying its a match..even though that might come across that we are cheap not sure.

• M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They do cheaper themselves but i'm afraid of all delicate work it entails to box them.

We met on bumble so not sure if a honey theme would also work or even some cute match box and say its a match! Haha but thats so little and cheap.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favours don't match anything particular in the wedding, I just wanted something more personal so the theme of the wedding wasn't high on my priority list when it came to choosing them.

Macarons are one of those things that can be finicky to make, so prices reflect that and $3 is pretty typical since they'll usually come in a pretty box too. If you went with them though, you can ask if the vendor has a cherry blossom themed box or you can buy some and box the macarons yourself if matching the theme is that important to you

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The favour doesn't have to match your theme, in my opinion. The favours we got sort of match a part of the wedding but it wasn't intentional.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics