Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BunnyBride
Super August 2334 Nova Scotia

M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events

BunnyBride, on June 9, 2018 at 20:35 Posted in DIY 0 11

So, for my M.O.H. Bridesmaid Proposal/Welcome to the Bride Tribe parcel, I had designed a some pretty graphic-related things (looked like nebulas and planets) and order it printed as large sticker to wrap around the sides of a glass container as well as a personalized designed card. Getting that sort of printing done was not expensive as it was just a couple items and I came in way under budget for the goodies inside, so why not?

The copy and print centre told my 2-3 business days then decided that the twice the original time they said it would take wasn't enough to get it finished. I told them I needed it for this weekend as it is the only time I know I will see my sister, who I am asking to be M.O.H., in person for a while, and they said they would transfer to be there on Friday. Fine, good, I thought, no need to panic...until it went to the wrong store. The only of their locations closed weekends, and the mix up was only discovered AFTER that particular store half-way across the city closed on Friday.

I still have the container so no worries, right? That held true until it got dropped and broke. With two hours really free today to come up with something for packaging (including a quick trip to the local craft store), I was able to put together somethingfor our visit tomorrow. Not what I envisioned, but I think it has its own cute very handmade charm. I tried to keep some of the star/space idea. Hopefully she'll like it...if not, she'll get a giggle out of the story! Smiley xd (Hopefully, some of you might too)

Thankfully, I had all the goodies to put in made up and purchased well in advance! None of my Bride Tribe like or can drink alcohol, so I decided on handmade gifts. My sister is a chef by trade and is starting a YouTube Channel (She wants to name it Crazy Chef, thus the lettering) in the near future. She's also obsessed with minions, which worked well as the wedding colours as gold and blue. Getting to sew the chef hats and apron was a fun DIY sewing project for me...Rounded it out with some goodies from Lush and Chocolate for good measure. :-)

Learned a good lesson for doing the other two Bride Tribe boxes even if they are going to be customized to the person.

Top of the Box once finished.

M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 1The tags I put on the various items to replace writing in the MIA cardM.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 2The MOH proposal question attached to the underside of the lid. M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 3The first of the Goodies for my MOH: Chef Hat for her future YouTube Channel
M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 4Matching second chef hat for any guests she has on potentially! M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 5...the two wrapped together.M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 6The matching apron (please ignore my foot...lol) M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 7The whole variety of goodies, pre-boxingM.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 8The final product packed. M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 9

11 Comments

Latest activity by Clarissa, on June 11, 2018 at 12:43
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I think they worked out well. Small and simple with a personal touch (hopefuly like the wedding) but they both loved them. Oh and I also included samples of the wedding colours so they each have them with the right shades of the colours.
  • BunnyBride
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is too cute! I love how everything coordinates colour-wise right down to the straw. :-)

• Clarissa
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I found these infinity knot bracelets with their initial on it online, a ring pop, and a mini bottle of rose champagne with a paper straw. I then wrote a personalized list of bridesmaid duties for each of them and taped it to the top.

M.o.h. Proposal and its diy Series of Unfortunate Events 10
  • BunnyBride
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope to be able to keep laughing mishaps off. Might not be as easy if it a caterer or photographer...lol.

If I may be nosy/curious, what did you put in the boxes for your BM proposals?

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome! You're so talented.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is awesome! Very creative as well.
  • BunnyBride
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Thank goodness for card stock, modge podge, and exacto knives!Smiley xd

Yeah, I hope it does too! I figure I can use it down the road (the sticker things anyway) for like Christmas wrap or something
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, as a plan B, this turned out pretty amazing! I would definitely say yes after the time and effort you put in. I hope your original stuff eventually comes in!

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s cool! Wish I had done something like that for my MOH and Bridesmaids, but I’m not that creative
  • Clarissa
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it all looks great. I also put together some boxes for my 2 girls. Honestly what's in the box doesn't really matter. Like everything else in the wedding it's mostly just for you and they are gonna love them and be there to support you no matter what.

Most importantly you seem to be able to laugh all the missteps off which I think we all learn is a very important part of this crazy wedding planning journey.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the box and ideas ! I’m sure they will all love it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics