Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

Looking to take photos in Vaughan for my wedding

Mahsa, on October 18, 2019 at 11:26 Posted in Ontario 1 7

Hi All,

I'm getting married in venetian in May 2020 and looking for places to take photos clsoe by:

So far I found the following:

-Kortright

-Vellora Town

- Black creek too far and they might have school activities on Saturday.

Also any idea as to back up for when/if it rains? I am getting ready at Homewood suite or Hilton garden inn..any idea where to do first look there? I'm guessing in Lobby as we have no other choices.

Did you guys buy permit way in advance and take risk if its rain you lose money? How many hours did you spend on photo shoot in park or such?

Thanks,

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 21, 2019 at 04:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those were pictures if the location on the site found itself.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The bottom photo looks like The Doctors House in Kleinburg to me.

Might be hard to take photos as there’s other weddings going on there using the outdoor space for ceremonies.
    Can always call and ask though
  • M
    Curious May 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for info..so art gallery permit is more expensive than Kortright. We were just in Kortright this weekend and loved it.

Can I ask where is your bottom photo taken? Is it both at Mcmichael art gallery?

Edward garden is a bit too far as I'm tight on time and would like to stay up in vaughan.

Did you guys make multiple spot or picked a place to take all photos? I'm just thinking if I get limo for 5 hours (which is minimum) what a waste of limo cost as we will only go to one place 10 mins from hotel and back to the venue.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our photos at McMichael Art Gallery and the grounds there are so gorgeous! We didn’t have to purchase a photo permit since we were having our ceremony there too, so I don’t know how far in advance you would have to get that done.

Also, they do not allow you to take pictures inside, so I have no idea what would happen for you if it rains. But it’s a really gorgeous place!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kleinburg Village McMichael Art Gallery
    • Theses 3 places came for wedding pictures in Vaughan that may come to what you like indoors/outdoors. Inquire about permits if needed.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could try the McMichael Art Gallery in Vaughan.

McMichael Art Gallery

I'm sure you'd need a permit for photos there.

I'm not married yet.. but we're looking to do probably 2 hours of photos with just us, and then another hour with family and such.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain. We're having our photos done at our reception venue outside and we're just going to bring the clear plastic umbrellas! Photographers say that when its cloudy/rainy they get their best pictures.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If lawrence isnt too far. theres edwards gardens. its got a waterfall and very nice bridges! did mine there and i loveee it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics