Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Scotia
Newbie July 2024 Ontario

Looking for Shower Theme Suggestions

Scotia, on May 8, 2023 at 11:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

Hello all im just posting looking for some suggestions for themes for my wedding shower. My fiance and I are more non-traditional and instead of having a bridal shower we want to host a shower for both of us with a variety of guests (as supposed to the traditional all women). Please before anyone comments anything saying im cheap or trying to get money this is NOT a jack and jill or stag and doe (ive seen people get really rude on here about that stuff and I agree but some people take it too far. i will not be raising funds or asking for donations for my wedding) this is simply the exact same as a bridal shower but instead celebrating both partners.

I am struggling to find themes that do not directly highlight a bride as the guest of honor. The shower will most likely take place in late spring and be outdoors in a backyard/garden space. Our wedding colours are blush pink and black, and my biggest wish is that this event is fun. (having fun is like the most important thing to me) Thanks in advance for suggestions!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on May 10, 2023 at 14:47
  • J
    Pennsylvania
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow. Congratulations.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you planning on doing the traditional wedding games like the Shoe Game at the wedding? If not, the shower could be a place to do it. Interactive enough, highlights you as the couple, and safe enough for grandma in attendance lol.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have always liked the “I do bbq” theme for wedding showers/ events. There are also taco themed ones, let’s taco about a party, and tacos and tequila. Also nacho average couples shower.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a cute idea, love it.

You could do a "Bubbles & Brews" theme with making the bubbles pink and maybe have a beer tasting (not sure how much your crowd is into beer but that could be fun).

Also found, "I do BBQ Wedding Shower" which would suit a backyard nicely and you could have a signature drink in a blush colour along with lawn games. If you're into doing something different and fun, you could hire a magician to do strolling magic while your guests are mingling. We actually had one at our wedding and it was so fun and guests appreciated it (magic was good too not at all corny lol).

You can also bring out some of the blush and black with balloons, if you have different tables set up (table clothes, plates/glasses), flowers.

Looking for Shower Theme Suggestions 1

Looking for Shower Theme Suggestions 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics